• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ok..so ot a toddler, but still

Minimummy

Reaction score
Ok so I'm having a bit of a problem, my daughter isn't a toddler, she's five. But I thought that many of you with toddlers may also have older kids and could offer some assistance.

She's started lying, constantly! About everything, stupid little things mostly however there are more serious things. Like her teacher pulled me aside the other day and said that Bonny had told another childs parent that her little sister was dead! Apart from being extremely upsetting to hear this was really embarrassing when I had to set the story straight!

We did have a relative pass away recently however I'm not sure that's what its about, as she's lying about a lot of things and most of them aren't even about that. Any help you can offer is really appreciated.

Thanks

Mini

i dont have an older child but i have had experience with them

maybe she is doing it for attention?? or could she possibly be jelous of someone at school?

it sounds like its just a phase children go through at that age though they all do it as its how they learn the wrong i suppose?

Little kids lie through their teeth from age 5-7. I think its pretty normal. I tutored kids in a reading program and they were age 4-10...the little ones were lying CONSTANTLY.

I'd just let her know that you know when she's lying. Call her out on it, but don't get mad. Just tell her that its not nice to lie and that telling the truth is so much better. Or you could trick her! I know when I was little I told my mom I didn't eat certain berries off this tree in our yard, and she tricked me by going "Did they taste good?" to which I replied "no they were gross!" :rofl:

my daughter is 4 so just entering this stage - she has been in the poo poo/fart stage (i.e poo poo or fart is the funniest word int he world and everything is poo poo). I think it is just a stage they go through like all the other annoying stages lol.

the lie she told about her sister could have been triggered by the death in the family BUT I dont think it is anything to worry about just her way of dealing with things.

I dont know how to stop the lying - I am hoping that they just grow out of it at some point!

sophie

^ As above , Carly is 3 everything is poo poo and fart etc.
Funniest things in the world to her , and im pretty sure alot of children around that age go through that funny word stage , where as 5+ are going through the stages of lying as they probably can see what they can get away with.

Thanks guys, I hope she grows out of it, just winds me up something rotten! I have told her off for it a few times (my bad) but I just get so annoyed with her! Shes always been taught to tell the truth and I always ake it as a personal attack on my parenting skills when she does something wrong. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->