Ok to give cows milk at 10 months?

hypnorm

Reaction score
Well i have tried and failed to get Robyn to take any kind of formula or bottles.
But she has started to sip full fat cows milk from a sippy cup, so i am thinking just to keep to the cows milk if she likes it, she is getting 3 meals a day plus snacks plus breastmilk too as she doesnt want to mean from this either at the moment.

So she is getting a good diet and the cows milk wouldnt be her main milk.

I gave Jack little cups of cows milk at 10 months and he was fine x

I would have thought so. The salt content is supposedly one of the issues with it so as long as you're careful about salt in her diet generally, which you probably are, then I bet it's fine. :)

yeh we neveradd any salt to her diet anyway.

Yes in Canada they suggest starting cows milk slowly at that age :hugs:

im sure she will be fine to have a drink of it, you can give it from 6 months as long as its not their main milk source and as youve said shes still being bf, so thats her main source

the guidelines are not to give bottles of cows milk till past 12 months but id gove zane cows milk in food from 6 months and did start him on the odd bottle of cows milk from 10 months.

id talk to u hv but id say cows milk is far better then no milk at all x

I gave Tegan cows milk from 9 months on the advice of our HV because she won't drink formula and never really has.. And she loves it and will drink it until her eyes pop out :lol:

I think giving them cows milk in a sippy is kinda different to a bottle iykiwm because its small and often rather than guzzling big feeds in a bottle iykwim?

I would agree with the others and say its fine though

if she is eating 3 meals a day plus snacks and getting her main milk from the breast i would maybe think about giving juice/water as a drink as opposed to more milk

Abbie's 9 months and has been getting cow's milk far about a month as her last bottle in the evening as she was beginning to refuse her formula.
Basically, the only bottle she doesn't fuss over was the first in morning (I guess after 13hours fasting her little belly is glad of anything!) so I switched to cows milk in evening to see how she liked that - and haven't looked back since.
Asked a HV (not my own but a "friend of a friend" who works in another practice) and she said it was fine, just ensure it was Full Fat, and look out for signs of intolerance for the first little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->