Ok why the hell isn't my recycling being collected?! UK MOMS

Willow87

Reaction score
it's been weeks since we have moved here and everyone seems to get their collection but us!!! There is no note telling us why which confuses us because how are we supposed to know if we are doing things wrong? plastic bottles with labels taken out and rinsed off in clear plastic bags inside the orange box. SURELY THATS IT RIGHT?

MY 37 WEEK PREGGERS ASS CANNOT DEAL PICKUP MY BOTTLES ASSHOLES. :haha:

I called and they should hopefully be coming to collect tomorrow.

Just wondering but did the previous people who lived there cause issues regarding the recycling - sometimes those who pick up the recycling have long memories and won't pick up stuff if there have been problems in the past.

It's just a thought

Hopefully be contacting them, it's solved the problem - fingers crossed :)

Is it because they're in clear plastic bags? We put all our recycling together-card plastic and glass in a big blue bin but aren't allowed to have them in any bags? X

Also could you ask your neighbour why this might be? They might have different rules in that area? X

mrswhy I hae no idea.. But there hasn't been anyone in this house for over 2 years LOL.

Cupcake at first we put them out with no clear bag. They just sat in the orange box. nothing. Then we tried that again, nothing. We then read that they should be put in clear plastic bags, so we used asda bags as that's what the neighbors were using and NADA. It's frustrating as we MUST be doing something wrong. Will def ask the neighbors lol.

Call your council they do that here too, just randomly dont come and then they send out a van just for you. Remind them how much your rates bill is.

If the house had been empty for 2 years it might just not have been on their collection list. I presume no council tax was being paid for the properly during that time so it makes sense that they wouldn't have been collecting any recycling left outside there.

Councils are really slow and probably didn't click that someone was living there now and they ought to collect the recycling! I'm sure your phone call will have sorted it out.

Rather than ask the neighbours or council, (or as wwell as) when the recycling truck comes by (assuming you are in as it's usually early morning) ask them what the problem is. x

We have orange see through recycling bags that the council delivers everyt few months that you have to put everything in, otherwise they will not collect. Your local council should have a specific number for rubbish collection, just give them a call.

Dani are you in Barking and Dagenham by any chance? I used to live there and the council were fab in that regard. Where we live now they have communal bins and communal recycling bins, the recycling bins rarely get emptied and what you can put in them is extremely limited. The ones behind the Sainsburys in town are even worse, not emptied in weeks and there are hundreds of booze bottles dumped all around, this council are appalling :( xx

Dani are you in Barking and Dagenham by any chance? I used to live there and the council were fab in that regard. Where we live now they have communal bins and communal recycling bins, the recycling bins rarely get emptied and what you can put in them is extremely limited. The ones behind the Sainsburys in town are even worse, not emptied in weeks and there are hundreds of booze bottles dumped all around, this council are appalling :( xx

No, I live in the Wandsworth Borough in London, they are great though. Not only is it the lowest council tax charges in the country, they are always spot on with collections, keep everything really tidy & our road gets a street cleaner through it 3-5 times a week.

Ah ok it's just Barking and Dagenham have those orange bags too :D most other boroughs around here have boxes. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->