Okay to carry twins?

hopefulivfmam

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just joined hoping to get some feedback. My husband and I are doing IVF and I am trying to do research on the possibility of twins.
Does anyone know "qualities" that would make me safer to carry twins than maybe someone else? I don't know quite how to word that question I guess but I want to know if my body type is okay for carrying twins.

I am 5'9" 180 lbs, low blood pressure, regular resting glucose levels, PCOS and male factor are the reasons we're doing IVF.

Does any of that make sense?? I was hoping you guys on the "multiples" boards would have heard some factors for good twin carrying mama qualities!

I'm 5'5" and was 250lbs when got preggie with twins...had no issues at all..no BP issues..no gestational diabetes or anything...had caection but that was because baby A was stuck ...I knew a tiny "healthy" skinny mom that was also pregnant with twins that had pre term labor and other issues so I don't think there is a perfect body type for twins

I don't think anything can make it safe to carry twins, there will always be a risk factor.

I was in great health, no medical issues, all my bp, cholesterol and all that couldn't be more perfect according to my Doctor. I was 5'3" @ 116lbs when I ended up pregnant with twins. My entire pregnancy was high risk I had bi weekly appointments the entire pregnancy for multiple complications and ended up in pre term labor. I also know many moms in my size/health range that had twins with no issues at all.

I was 5'2", 102 lbs, and 30 yrs old when I got pregnant with my twins. I had an uneventful but uncomfortable pregnancy and went into labor at 35 weeks and had an uncomplicated repeat c-section with healthy babies. A family member with a more fit, athletic build carried hers until 36+3ish at 40+ yrs old. She dealt with pre-eclampsia after delivery.

It seems like luck of the draw with uncomplicated vs complicated twin pregnancies. Good luck with ivf! If you do end up with twins it's definitely way harder but totally worth it.

I am 5'8 1/2, was 165lbs (11.8 stone) 41 years old and a smoker (I stopped as soon as I found out!) when I got pregnant with my boys via IUI. I had no complications, just the usual pregnancy related complaints. Boys were born via csection at 37 week as one of them was breech. They were a good weight at 6.6lbs and 6.1lbs.
I know quite a few twin mums, some were healthy and slim and some were not, some had complications and some did not. I don't think there is a sure fire way to tell who will and who won't have problems. Good luck :)

I was 220lbs and im 5'11" when i got pregnant. I had no complications up until 36 weeks when my bp when up a bit to 150/90 (in one day)They decided to deliver (i think they would have waited but my dr was going on vacation and wanted to just go ahead and do it). So i delivered them at 36+1 via csection since baby b was breach. Oh and i have PCOS too. I concieved my twins on clomid.
I dont think there is any specific body type that can carry twins. I have heard that its easier on taller women but really who can really know who has an "easier" experience. I wish you good luck and hope you are blessed x2 like us!

I was 5'2" 120 lbs and carried my twins to 36w5d. They were both born vaginally and went home with me within 24 hours. There's really no way to predict how you will do. But being healthy and living a healthy life while pregnant is definitely a plus. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->