Old (in age) Newbie saying hello ....

Loopy lotti

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Thought I'd finally stop lurking, register and intro myself :wave:

Firstly what a wonderful forum, so many amazing women here and SO much information it's almost overwhelming!

I get most of the abrievations but there's some that elude me so I apologise in advance for any daft questions :winkwink:

So, a little about me ......at the ripe old age of 41 (just 7 thank goodness for an oldies section:winkwink:) I am seriously TTC! eeek!

I sadly MC'd in Feb 2009 at 12 wks and since then it's taken a while to put our lives back on track due to us both being made redundant shortly after the MC. TTC plans were placed on hold & after a looooong 10 months searching for decent UK jobs we ended up finding good jobs in the Middle East but as an unmarried couple (at the time) we were prevented from trying (BD'ing out of wedlock is illegal here & mothers giving birth who are unable to produce a marriage cert are arrested then deported!). So, it's taken a couple years, we're finally happily married & have been half heartedly TTC'ing for 6 months (July to Dec 2011) to no avail so now it's serious and having had the all clear from my OB that all is working well & my folicles are pretty good I'm serioulsy on a mission to get that BFP before I'm too old n wrinkled!

I think the forum and being able to vent will keep me sane whilst playing the waiting game along with so many others here.

Just 3 more days of my TWW ........I'm sure I'm feeling symptoms but it could all be in my overactive imagination :wacko: Another few days & we'll see.

I'll bore you no more, but a final word just to say GOOD LUCK to everyone else here!!

LL x

Hi again LL :flower:
I'm really sorry to hear about your previous loss but I'm chuffed that your OB has given you the green light to TTC again.
It's amazing how much effort we put into preventing before we choose to start our families and then when we start TTC we realise what a small window of fertility we actually have in our cycles. I'm sure now you're seriously trying you'll get your BFP soon.
Don't worry about the abbreviations on here. I know it can be confusing at first but I think there's a thread explaining them all in the 'how to use the forum' type section.
If there's anything you're ever not sure about just ask though, its no problem.
Good luck with your TTC and of course :dust:

Welcome,
You'll find lots of us over 40! 41 is young (ha ha never thought I'd say that) I'm 44 and have had 2 MC and 1 D& E. Trying one last time....

Hi lotto

I have just joined too. Soon to turn 40 and ttc for over one year now! I too am on a mission....what a relief to have been given a good bill of health...I'm sure IRS just a matter a time now. I try not to get to down hearted as its all about luck and Dtd at the right times. I'm now dtd in the evenings only this cycle as mornings didn't work last time!! Worth a go....I use the cb fertility monitor and have some pressed which I have read good reviews on....

Do post your news if your 2ww ends in a Bfp x

Thank you for the warm welcome ladies! It's such a comfort to know there are many out there in such similar situs!

SL - you are SO right!! Spend most of life trying to prevent BFP then when you actually start trying nature is really rather fickle!

Garnet - I'm so sorry to hear about your MC's - it really is so heartbreaking. Fingers crossed you have some more positive news soon! Aand I'm loving your comment that 41 is young :thumbup:

Blyth - good luck to you too! A year must feel like a lifetime :-( Something has to happen soon for you!

3 more days before I can test - arrggghh!! Will of course post news positive or otherwise :)

:dust: right back at you all! :hugs:

Hi Loopy lotti :hi: it's nice to meet you :hugs: Good luck with the testing!! :flower:

Hi and Welcome Lotti!

I will give you some hope here - I'm 45 and ttc #4 here. After ttc just a few months I had a BFP at 44 but m/c. I took a break (what was I thinking??) and started again. I think this is month 4 or 5 of ttc. AF is due for me on Tuesday so I'm planning on testing this weekend sometime...unless the witch comes early (she better not!!!!). CD 11 today.

I'm so :hugs: sorry to hear about your difficult experience and loss but am elated that you're able to try again. Good luck and keep posting. This is an awesome place for support.

Welcome, I am new to the site as well, turned 40 last month, right now it is just a waiting game for me.

I am 18dpo, I did get a bfp on day 14, I went and had a HCG beta done on day 15, (due to me being diabetic for 30 years.. that is another story) it was at level 45, they repeated it yesterday and it was at level 62. My OB said it is not increasing quick enough, and I have to repeat it on Monday but they could not consider it a "viable pregnancy" so I am just waiting.

I am 18dpo, I did get a bfp on day 14, I went and had a HCG beta done on day 15, (due to me being diabetic for 30 years.. that is another story) it was at level 45, they repeated it yesterday and it was at level 62. My OB said it is not increasing quick enough, and I have to repeat it on Monday but they could not consider it a "viable pregnancy" so I am just waiting.

Oh that's frustrating! I HOPE it all turns out fine Mchel. As you know it's reassuring to read all the different stories here and many of them are nothing short of miracles. I will keep my fx'd for you :dust::dust::dust:

Thank you so much for your support, I will keep you posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->