• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Older Baby, reestablishing BF

barbikins

Mom to DD (RIP) & DS
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Has any one reestablished BF with an older baby or started w/an older baby?
i really wanna get my 5 month old successfully BF. He's showing interest and latches on and drinks but there are so many hurdles. I want to see if there's anyone else who is going through it or has for some support?

My son and I had a lot of issues with breastfeeding early on but when he was 4 months old we were finally able to exclusively breastfeed.

My son was born 2 weeks early, was jaundice (that wasn't caught until he was 5 days old), didn't want to latch, and I had trouble keeping up my supply. They had us supplementing with formula even before I left the hospital and it felt like I would never get over the hurdles and get my supply high enough. But, I kept trying and we've been exclusively breastfeeding for 9 months now. So it is possible!

I don't know what your hurdles are, but, start small. There were days when I would drag around my electric pump and be pumping during everything I could (playing on the floor, reading to my son, etc) to increase my supply. I'd make goals of exclusively breastfeeding without supplementing for a day. I'd get so excited if I was able to accomplish it. Slowly but surely it will start to add up--a day turns into two days, a week, etc. The whole process can be stressful but don't forget to celebrate any little milestones you and your baby make!

Best Wishes xx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->