Oliver Daniel - 7th April 2011 <3

lilgemsy

First baby! (boy)
Reaction score
Oliver Daniel
https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/207481_1757944073304_1380089146_31745848_679984_n.jpg
Born on: Thursday 7th April 2011
At: 6:40pm
Weighing: 5lb3.5oz

So after one hellish time of a pregnancy, my perfect little prince is finally here!

My labour started slowly but surely on Friday 1st April when I started to get regular contractions approx every 10 mins. This went on for about 2 hours.
The baby had barely been moving all day so I thought Id go to the hospital to get checked out and also see if the contractions were real or just braxtons.
So I went and got monitored... baby was fine and contractions were indeedy real yet not stong enough so I was sent home again and told to return if my waters broke or if the pains got more intense. So I went home and slept only to awake to the contractions GONE! :|
The weekend consisted of odd pains and twinges.

Which lead me to Monday. I had a consultant appointment where I was given a sweep and told I was in slow labour and currently 2cm dilated and 2/5 engaged.
I was also given an inducement date for Thursday 7th.

Baby still hadnt appeared come Thursday morning so I made my way into hospital where they put in the picotin gel at approx 10am.

As soon as the gel went in the contractions came really intensely.
Soon enough though they began to even out and die down a bit again so I went for a walk at about 2:30pm.
On my walk I got this almighty pain and crumpled over in the corridor and started to shout "OMG IM HAVING A WEE!"
Turns out my waters had broke but I thought Id wet myself so I cried haha!
A nurse got me in a wheelchair and got me back into bed where I was monitored and examined. I was now 3cm dilated.
Over the next 2 hours the pains became more frequent and painful so I breathed through them and accepted 2 paracetamol!

At 4:30pm I was still only 3cm but was sent off to delivery suite anyways. There, I was put straight onto the monitor.
I was getting contractions but they still werent strong enough so I was put on a drip. As soon as the drip was in the contractions got SUPER intense so I tried to use the gas and air and just failed miserably lol. It just made me giggly instead of making the pain go away.
I also heard someone in the room next door scream an told the nurse to gag me if I went like that and then went on to chat some more crap about it sounding kinky lol :S

I needed to pee really bad while on the monitor and drip so they made me go on like a potty thing in front of everyone but I get embarassed easy and said "cover your eyes and ears please everyone! I have stage fright!" haha!

I decided to phone FOB to shout at him for putting me in pain and while on the phone I got a contraction and shouted FUCK ME then quickly said "no wait dont thats what got me here in the first place!" The midwife thought I was hilarious lol :| She couldnt help me for laughing!

Anyways I decided to sit upright with my legs bent behind me. This must have really helped as come 6:30pm I decided I felt like I needed to poo.

This is when I panicked, thinking I was going to poo myself I shouted "IM GONNA POOOO, DONT LET ME POO. ITS COMINGG!" and then started to push lol.
Midwife shouted at me not to push and my mum grabbed my face and told me to breathe so i did as i was told and panted to stop the urge and give the mw chance to get the delievery stuff ready xD

Within 10 mins and 4 pushes, baby Ollie made his way into the world :)

He came out with his hands by his face which teared me a little so I had a few stitches which I fell asleep for when they where putting them in xD

Im now home, but still without my baby. He was taken into special care baby unit the day after birth since he refuses to take his bottles. It could be a few weeks before hes home yet but hes worth every second of waiting.

Thanks for reading, sorry it was so long xD

https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216976_1757942593267_1380089146_31745839_6363779_n.jpg
https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216439_1978539868011_1378576220_32272894_1299316_n.jpg
https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/205119_1986277141438_1378576220_32283264_6430049_n.jpg​

Well done you! He looks like a total cute, I hope he can come home to you soon xxx

Handsome little boy and a brave Mummy. You did so well, Gem, we know how hard the pregnancy was.

Come on lil Ollie, more sucking on your bottle so you can go home! :hugs:

Congratulations! He is a cutie!! :) I hope he gets to come home to you soon!

Little stunner, hope he is home soon xx

gorgeous little boy! and you look totally glamous in that pic too! i didn't look like that after i gave birth! haahaa

Haha thanks!

Ah I think I look really dog rough in that pic xD but its the first one of me and my son :) <3

Well done Gem, great birth story. He's gorgeous xx

well done hun, great story. Ollie is just gorgeous and hope hes back with mummy soon xxx

Adorable little boy! Hope he can come home soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->