Oliver Vincents birth story(21.9.09) sorry so late and long!!!..

shortiecjx

1 gorgeous son x
Reaction score
Well Oliver was due on Sunday 20th September and that day i did everything... ate about 6 pineapples, drank raspberry leaf tea etc etc and that night I got locked in the bathroom and my OH had to break me out lol (funny now but I was crying my eyes out at the time)....

Half 1 Monday morning I got up to go to the toilet and was a bit wet but for some reason I didnt think anything of it I just got changed and went back to bed... Then at 5 am I woke my OH up for work and as I got up my waters went.... Lee phoned work to say he wouldnt be in and I phoned the maternity unit who said to come in so that they could check me...

My mum who was gonna drive me was in London so OH phoned a taxi and after half an hour it hadnt come so i phoned and they said "yer its been" I was like WTF!!!! it obviously hasnt been or I would be at the f'in hospital...by now I had the right hump as my waters were still slowly going so I ended up getting the bus to the hospital at 6am...

When there they said my waters had definitely gone but may be a while yet so they suggested I went for a walk or something so at about 10 me and OH went into town... I was starvin so we went into Mc Donalds where loads of my waters went so I ran out crying LOL....

By 12.30pm I was getting regular, strong contractions so we went back to the hospital where I was given a room....I was in so much pain but more in my back than my belly so at 2pm when they offered me pethidine I took it....
After that I kept falling asleep and when I was waking up I was really confused and saying random things like "burgers" and "no, I dont want the tele on" the midwife was like, erm we havent got a tele in here lol...

Then I was sick which was bright green and by now the pethidine had completely worn off and I couldnt seem to get to grips with the gas and air...

I kept saying to the midwife I cant do it and she was like yes you can and youre gonna have to LOL....

About 9pm I was pushing and really needed a wee but couldnt go so I had to have a catheter which hurt so much!!!!

I continued pushing and because I was biting the gas and air so hard I couldnt get any out..

Then eventually at 11.36pm with no drugs Oliver Vincent was born weighing 6lb 14.5 oz.

I had a cuddle with him and breast fed him then while OH was having a cuddle I had a bath... (how stupidly high those baths are, like anyone can easily lift their leg that high after giving birth!!!)...

At about 2am OH had to go home so I went on the ward with Oliver who slept until about 7 am...

Oliver is now an amazin happy baby and I absolutely love being a mummy!!!!!xxx:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

What a great birth! Congrats! Love the name too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->