Olivia Jane 24/5/10

squidge87

Reaction score
092.jpg

It all started on saturday night (22nd) when I had a bit of a show then about 4am I had a bloody show, but didn't really think it was the start of anything. Throughout sunday morning I was having mild period pains that didn't seem to have any pattern so carried on as normal, went to local shop, visited my mum and then cleaned out the inside of my car and checked my tyre pressure-having cramps the whole time. In the evening we went to the inlaws and decided to order a chinese, while my mother in law was fetching the dinner I realised my pains were coming every 4 minutes and lasting about 50 seconds, spoke to my mum who thought I should ring the hospital, and I jsut told her that they weren't unbearable though! Went in about 11.30pm. Was assessed and examined just before midnight and was 3cm, they decided to keep me in as the babys heartrate kept dipping. About an hour/hour and a half later we walked to the car with mother in law (took the stairs not lift) who decided to go home thinking I'd be ages. On way back stopped at the loo where I had a strong contraction and found myself pushing! Went back to the bed and told a midwife I needed to push, she told me just to breathe through it! Was moved to a delivery room, where my waters broke as I pushed, and Olivia was born at 3.57am with the help of an episiotomy cuz her heartrate was still dipping. She weighed 6lb 2 and now just over a week later is up to 6lb 13. Very proud of myself for having no pain relief, I am a complete wimp when it comes to the slightest bit of pain, my husband was very suprised too!!! Sorry its quite long could talk about it for ages :cloud9:

She is beautiful, congratulations!!

congrats on little olivia! I love her name! And congrats on doing it all drug free - I'm a wimp too and did it drug free too - I'm amazed by what my body could do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->