Olivia Miller 06/05/09 - Long!!! PICS ADDED

sapphire20

Olivia & Alex <3
Reaction score
Well as you all know I was overdue and very fed up of waiting, I was due to be induced on Thursday 07/05/09 in a hospital 120 miles away!!!! However on Wednesday at 3.30am I was woken with pains, I thought there was no way they were contractions as I had led myself to believe I was heading to Inverness that day and would need help in getting things started.

I called the hospital at 6 after the contractions were coming every 7 minutes, they werent that painful but I was pretty uncomfortable, they told me to stay at home for as long as I could as I was still to go to Inverness that day! I was really pissed of as I thought now that things had started themselves I would be giving birth in my local hospital! I said how unhappy I was about still having to go and they eventually said I could come in to be monitored and they would make a decision later in the day if I was still to travel 120 miles in Labour!!

I was put on the monitor and my contractions were about 5 minutes apart by I wasnt dialated anymore than 2-3cm which I already was the previous week, the MW said baby was very active on the monitor and said she would have to wait until the baby was calm to take me of it, however just as she had left the room babys heartbeat started racing to 190, she came back and said this was normal and left again. Me and my partner were just chatting when the monitor stopped and we could no longer hear the Heartbeat, I really started to panic and I buzed for assistance, the MW came and took of the straps and manually tried to find the heartbeat, to my relief it was there, but it didnt end there the heartbeat then dropped to 40! By this time my heart was racing and I thought we were losing our baby. The consultant came quickly and decided that I would be booked in for a section later that night but babys heartbeat dropped to 40 again and all of a sudden everyone around me was whipping my clothes of and putting a Catheter and I was being wheeled down the corridor to Theatre! I kept asking if baby was ok but no one really said anything

I was given a spinal and within 15 minutes baby Olivia came into the world crying her little heart out and weighing approx 8lb 8oz, I was so relieved that she was ok, she was the most beautiful little thing id ever seen and I couldnt stop crying.

Shes absolutely perfect and everything I could wish for. I will post pics once I have some spare time on my hands! x

Attachments

• SDC10109 resized.jpg
    SDC10109 resized.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 33
  • SDC10145 resized.jpg
    SDC10145 resized.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 31
Aww hunny congrats on baby olivia gorgeous name too!

Glad everything was ok in the end xxx

Congratulations! Good thing you went to the hospital when you did xxx

Massive congrats to u and Stuart, cant wait to see pics of Olivia. Kx

Congratulations, must have been scary, but glad your both safe x x

Congratulations hun, what a beautiful name. Can't wait to see pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->