Olivia Rose born Thursday 11th June 2009 (very long!)

Babyshambelle

Olivia's mum & pregnant!
Reaction score
Monday 8th

I posted on here and thought that my waters had borken. I woke up and felt a little rush of water when I went into the kitchen to make OH some breakfast. Went to my midwife appointment and was told to go home and see if I soaked a pad through within an hour and if I did, ring the triage at the hospital. I didn't. Though I was determined that this was it, so I ran a big bath and stuck in a load of clary sage oil mixed in a bit of milk and soaked in it for about an hour. Got out and massaged my bump with clary sage and vegetable oil.

Tuesday 9th

Had a good few period type crampy pains through the day, but didn't really notice because I was cleaning the house from top to bottom. Looking back now, hoovering the hallway and bedroom at 10pm at night and dreaming about how I was going to clean the windows tomorrow should have been a sign that something was about to happen very soon!! Had 2 more clary sage baths and bump massages.

Wednesday 10th

My mum came over for the day (she lives about an hour and a half away). I woke up with period pains, mild back ache and on and off all day was having a 'clear out'. Didn't think too much of it, but noticed at about 3pm that the pains were becoming regular (every 20 minutes) and getting slightly stronger. Mum said "you are in labour" and I was like....nah, I get these pains all the time. She went home, and I had another bath.

By about 8pm, (Corronation Street time, where Maria had a false alarm with her labour!) I statred using the contraction master site to time the contractions, and saw they were every 10 minutes, lasting for about a minute. I text OH and told him to come home from work and not to panic, but I thought we would be having our little girl within the next 24 hours. I rang the delivery suite triage and told them I thought that this was it, and they agreed that it probably was and said to stay at home for as long as I felt comfortable to do so, but not let the contractions get more regular than 3-4 in 10 minutes without coming in. I then put my TENS machine on and got into bed with a couple of paracetamol and tried to get some rest. The TENS machine was amazing. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done without it.

Thursday 11th
It got to midnight and the contractions were coming thick and fast, so we decided it was best to go into the hospital. When I arrived I was 4-5cm dilated :happydance: and they gave me a bouncy ball and told me to keep active, which I did. The bouncy ball soon became OH's footstool and he slept on the chair in my little cubicle for 3 hours til about 4am. I went off and spent some time walking up and down, not letting go of my little plunger button on my TENS machine! It really was amazing. I was having a great time. Was examined again at about 6am and was 6-7cm, and was told that the birthing pool was free if I wanted to use it (which I did!) so off we went to the pool room.

Got into the pool, and my goodness it was incredible. I was a bit worried about taking the TENS machine off because it had been so good, but in the pool it was like I was in another world, just noticing the pains and breathing through them. I had honestly had more painful period pains! Was chatting to the midwife and OH like I was in a health spa or something! It was the student midwifes first delivery that she had seen, and the midwife had to keep telling her that not all women were this calm, and she had never seen anything like it in her time as a midwife! I remember her saying "normally women are thrashing about all over the place and there is water going everywhere!"

It got to about 11am and my waters still hadn't gone with a gush, so I was taken out of the pool and they broke them for me, and it was such a strange feeling....nobody told me they were HOT! Hahaha.

Got back into the pool, and almost instantly needed to push, so I did! Was great to actually use the contractions for something. I continued pushing in the pool for about an hour and nothing was happening, so they suggested I tried to have a wee because a full bladder can stop baby coming down properly aparently. This sent me comepletely off my stride, and I didn't want to get back in the pool, so I went on my hands and knees on the bed. After a further hour and a half of pushing (yes, a total of 2 and a half hours pushing!) Olivia Rose made her entrance to the world at 1:23pm.:cloud9:

She came out facing sideways, and with her hand by her face (hence why I was pushing for so long!) so I got a third degree tear and had to be taken to theatre to be stitched up after loosing over a litre of blood.

I'm so proud that I didn't have any drugs....and GUTTED that I never even wanted to try the gas and air! I really wanted to have a go! Hahaha.

Sorry this has been so long! Well done if you have read this far!

Here is the little madam herself.
Pic 1 - newborn
Pic 2 - One day old
Pic 3 - 2 weeks old
Pic 4 - Yesterday!!

Attachments

• DSCF0178.jpg
    DSCF0178.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF5036.jpg
    DSCF5036.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF5090.jpg
    DSCF5090.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF5116.jpg
    DSCF5116.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 52
What a great birth story. I hope I am as calm and relaxed as you, when my time comes! Olivia Rose is a wee beauty! x x

That was a really lovely story :)
She is very beautiful!
Congrats :)
x

Sooo Pretty :) Well done on the pushing !

xxxx

Well done you! shes is beautiful hun xxx i would not let go of the gas and air it was my best friend lol

Congratulations hun! I have the same dress as you for Emma - too cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->