OMG! Excited! Home-made gifts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
Well, this christmas looks like I'm not gonna have too much money to spare, so I've been thinking about what I can make instead.

So far I've got;

Bath salts + bath bombs -epsom/dead sea with colours and perfume
Glass painted stuff - coasters, pots etc
Decorated Picture frames
Clocks - Handpaint the face and just add the mechanism
Chocolate - Get some cheapy stuff, melt it and remould it and ice it
Truffles
Toffee - For me Grandad
Maybe have a crack at some soaps and candles

There's also loads of wooden things on ebay to handpaint, so I was gonna make some door plaques for my lil sis and bro out of these, and maybe like a mobile (there's gingerbread men shaped wooden things)!

OMG! I'm so excited!!! :happydance::happydance:

Anyone got any more ideas?

Also, a novel idea for xmas dinner if you don't like xmas pudding;

Cupcake! Literally, https://www.dizzy-dee.com/recipe/chocolate-cake-in-5-minutes

:D It's nicest with chocolate buttercream, and I add a tablespoon of water after the egg, plus using butter instead of oil means it tastes less oily. (OBV)

It's nice tho, and so easy!

Yay! Christmas!!!!

xxxx

OMG how fantastic is that chocolate cake!! WOW

nightkd all your things sound so lovely!

:D Thanks! I'm just so excited, now I have a proper reason to get creative and start making stuff! Need to be careful not to spend too much tho, I always think I'm saving money and end up spending more!!!

xx

CAKE :wohoo:

Dunno what the rest of the thread said :rofl:

:D :rofl:

I'm now having a bit of trouble with something if anyone can help me? I'm looking for a nice, natural soap base. Preferably a melt and pour base, like block glycerin or castile soap... If those contain irritants or something then I'd rather something else.

I'm making for my mum who has very sensitive skin and can't have anything highly perfumed or full of additives in the bath with her. I'd prefer an organic base I guess, but any suggestions would be welcomed!!!!

xxx

That's an idea, I was thinking about making some cushions. I made a mini one for my mum a few years back and it came out really well. She was very happy and thought it was one I'd bought from Laura Ashley at first... Wish I could get one of our damn sewing machines to work properly. =/

I've just discovered a bath bomb making kit I have already, so I'm just gonna get down to that in a minute. Also some fab soap moulds! I'm excited! But sooo skint!!!

xxx

Cupcake! Literally, https://www.dizzy-dee.com/recipe/chocolate-cake-in-5-minutes

:D It's nicest with chocolate buttercream, and I add a tablespoon of water after the egg, plus using butter instead of oil means it tastes less oily. (OBV)

Yay! Christmas!!!!

xxxx

OMG i just made this, thinking no way will that work. It did and it's yummy i can'y beleive it. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Yay! Christmas!!!!

xxxx

OMG i just made this, thinking no way will that work. It did and it's yummy i can'y beleive it. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:D :D :D It's amazing isn't it? I didn't think it was gonna rise or anything and it became HUGE! Probably should've used a bigger mug! :rofl:

On the subject of prezzies again; I'm making a clock for my mum - bought a circle from here https://stores.ebay.co.uk/atcsigns and am going to papier mache some scrapbooking papers on it, bought a clock mechanism for about £3.75...unfortunately OH might've spoiled the suprise by loudly asking "Who are you making the clock for?" When my mum was in the next room :hissy: It'll still be all handmade and prettiful tho!

I also bought some butterflies from the same lady on ebay, and I'm painting them and making a mobile for my lil' sister. :D

OMG Christmas!!!! :happydance:
xxxx

I love doing all creative stuff like this!!!!

Cant wait now either as i aint got much energy to do owt else at the mo hahaha

:D It makes me more excited to hand prezzies over and say "I made it myself" :blush: :D

I'm excited!!! I got the last bits and pieces I need to start making my soapy stuff arrive today!!! YAY! I finally got hold of a slot car set for my brother, got some PJs for cousin and some gorgeous little tights from primark for my sister! I've made some candle holders for my auntie etc... Things are STARTING to come together, not quite at the point where I can go "Phew! I've got most everything sorted!" but it's getting there.

I'm leaving fudge etc for my dad and grandad til nearer xmas... Just need to sort something out for a couple of my friends...

The things I've made my mum so far are too big to hide anywhere though! I'm desperately trying to keep her out of my bedroom!

She's also got a massive laura ashley box sat in the dining room, which I asked yesterday "why haven't you opened it?" and came the reply "Because. I know what's in it....." soooo....either it's something she bought but doesn't actually want to look at...or....!!! So she's been discussing stuff SHE'S bought off the internet with me, and I've been discussing stuff (obviously without actually revealing what it is - just "I'm waiting for a parcel," etc etc) that I've got for her! :rofl:

I'm excited anyway. But tired. I'm gonna go up to my warm bed and sleep. Get up early and start making stuff! Before my mum comes back...which could be anytime at all! Eek!

xx

Oh bum. And gotta buy for OH. Thinking about getting him an iRiver or similar because he dropped his a while ago and said it was the best MP3 player he's ever had. I could've fixed it for him, but he threw it away. Idiot. 20GB of storage!!! :dohh:

I'm not going to be able to afford a 20GB one, or brand new, but looking at some 6GB ones that are in as new condition... It'll either go down well, or he'll be like "Oh. Great....and old edition iRiver like I used to have only not as good!" =/

Also might get him a plectrum (he's recently taken up guitar) there's silver ones on ebay, with personalised engraving. :) We'll see what I can afford.

Was going to save up and get him an experience day (virtual soldier one) but after his little tantrum the other day I don't think he deserves it (might sound harsh...but I was having second thoughts anyway...) not sure he'd properly appreciate it either. :shrug:

He's waiting til last though, because I have to actually BUY his prezzie so I need to see what money I have left nearer the time. :)

xx

Oh bum. And gotta buy for OH. Thinking about getting him an iRiver or similar because he dropped his a while ago and said it was the best MP3 player he's ever had. I could've fixed it for him, but he threw it away. Idiot. 20GB of storage!!! :dohh:

I'm not going to be able to afford a 20GB one, or brand new, but looking at some 6GB ones that are in as new condition... It'll either go down well, or he'll be like "Oh. Great....and old edition iRiver like I used to have only not as good!" =/

Also might get him a plectrum (he's recently taken up guitar) there's silver ones on ebay, with personalised engraving. :) We'll see what I can afford.

Was going to save up and get him an experience day (virtual soldier one) but after his little tantrum the other day I don't think he deserves it (might sound harsh...but I was having second thoughts anyway...) not sure he'd properly appreciate it either. :shrug:

He's waiting til last though, because I have to actually BUY his prezzie so I need to see what money I have left nearer the time. :)

xx

I got and ex one of these as a gift for no real reason. Wasn't too expensive, cost me less than £20 and he was absolutely thrilled :) He still uses it now even though we're not together anymore. xx

My mum's coming home soon today, so I'm not gonna get a chance to do my crafty bits :( It'll have to wait til tomorrow.

The plectrum I'm watching is about £15 but I dunno what to have engraved on it, and what font! I think OH will appreciate it, I'm just worried he'll lose it...He's lost my pink one already :dohh: That's nice that your ex still uses his. Apparently the silver makes a nicer noise than plastic picks..we'll have to investigate this. :)

xx

Hi, just been reading your ideas an they are brill! what a good lot of ideas... i dont think i have a lot to add... but a lady at work is signed off at mo and she makes handmade cards, puts prices on them then brings a whole box into work for people to buy. She makes about 1.50 a card. You could give a load to your friends to sell. Also have you thought about selling some of your handmade goodies on ebay. Im sure there are loads of people out there looking for quirky handmade goodies? (or even do the same as the cards?)

Not really ideas as such but you could make a few more pennies for xmas? xx

When im skint at xmas... i buy one of those nice rattan boxes from poundstretcher..then each week i buy different bits from the trial size sections (like the mini bottles of shampoos ect) then put themm in the boxes with some tissue paper. Its a really funky gift and no need to spend a lot either xx

Thanks! :) I'm terrible at making cards...Might give the prezzies a go though. Especially the candleholders I've made, because they're coming out really well :D

Made some bath melts last night too, but I've run out of Cocoa Butter...and soon almond oil! :( They look awesome tho! I'll post some pics for inspiration soon!

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back