On benefits and proud

Missnurse

Reaction score
Anyone see this on channel 5 last night? It made me laugh how on earth is that one mum getting £900 a week and brand new house?? All her kids are school age!

Not meant to get at those on benefits or anything just can't believe the attitude of them on there!

It does absolutely show the worst of the benefit system "i won't get a job unless after bills I have 500 left?" Completely insane.
Unfortunately it casts such a bad light on those who need the system. :(

That's exactly what I thought, then at the end it says the woman who was getting £900 a week will not be affected by the benefit cap! Her kids were of school age and she had older children living with her who could have had part time jobs!

Then you see the two young girls out spending money on clothes and nails! One of them had a 4 year old she could have been away to college or something

this made me quite angry!

as do all these type of programmes, im a single mum on benifits. i work, part time as LO isnt in nursery yet & i dont really want her to be yet.. im enjoying her being at home tbh.. anyway....

i dont get why these people wont work?
its not that they cant get work they WONT work!! it does annoy me as im struggling my arse off trying to provide for LO. i used to get my nails done once a month & my hair cut every 2 months. ive not had my nails done since FOB left June last yr & ive had my hair done once - on the cheap at a college! i really dont understand how they can afford it :-S

I know it shows people who genuinely need the benefit for a while in a bad light. I know when this LO is around 9 months ill be going back to work in home care or as an auxiliary nurse at the hospital my DD is in school so shouldn't be problem taking something part time. They are always crying out for home caters in my area and its flexible with very good pay

I actually had to turn it over it was making me so angry!!!! :(

Meh, just like every other topic out there it's gonna get exploited one day or another. Just take all of the teen parent shows, we all know real teen parents are nothing like that but yet people still think they are because of these shows. It was only a matter of time that it happened to people on benefits. TV has no class anymore.

Be not watched it but some of my friends post the daily mail articles about some of them, it's not good for anyone, it puts a bad light on anyone on benefits and those of us who are deemed as earning too much it's an insult as we don't get that in wages and we are deemed as having too much, does that not seem crazy?

These people just make everyone angry.

Exactly I mean I've been on benefits before and it was such a struggle just to keep a roof over our heads and food in our bellies I went without sometimes so it's really unfair how some are blatantly taking the pee

The lady with the £900 i thought she was nice yes its a lot for a lot of kids but one thing i can say about her it wasnt me me me like the others

She seemed very ungrateful about the lovely new house she was going to get though x

I haven't seen this I live in the us but we had just recently a bunch of people making our benefit system look like a joke. I'm not sure if you heard but there was a glitch in the "food stamps" system at a Walmart and it didn't show balances. All of these people CLEARED their shelves and were walking out with like 700dollars worth of food! I'm on our benefits, my hubby works full time I stay at home and go to school full time and daycare would take up any wages I make. we just don't make enough for food expenses... These people make the benefit system look bad!! In trying so hard to graduate with honors and get us off the system. Taking a degree I don't especially love to make money and these people seem to work hard to stay on it! Grr. It just sucks there is such a stigma to be on benefits and it's because people like this help people make the assumption that everyone is just leeching off the system...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->