One month old

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
How do your days go with a one month old? I find the hardest part of Day between her morning feed & her 'snack' feed before her nap as she bit cranky & we trying to get fed dressed etc for day with dd1 also then the evening before bed bottle trying to entertain as such not that they need huge entertaining any tips or advice yesterday went a bit like this:

6.00 - 130 ml 7.45 snooze in chair
8.15 - 90 ml nap 9.15 - 11.30
11.45 - 150 ml followed straight by
1.00 - 40 ml 2.00 nap
4.15 - 120 ml 5.00 nap
5.45 - woke bath etc
6.45 - 160 ml
1.15 - 120 ml

Up today 5.45

Usually he's up for the day around 8am. Day is a mixture of nursing, sleeping, changing, and awake time (He has no set schedule). And goes to bed around 10pm with waking up twice for nursing and a changing.
I honestly just follow his lead.

I am the same as thexfadingpat, my days are guided by his needs but basically it all revolves around feeds,nappy changes and naps with some awake time interaction in between

Hi, my LO is just 6 weeks old and we have no schedule, when he's hungry he gets a bottle, when he's tired he sleeps! I couldn't imagine him adhearing to a fixed schedule so early. I'm hoping in the next few weeks to start developing at least a regular bath, bottle and bed routine and then hope over time the rest falls into place. Every baby and every family is different so I don't think there is a right or wrong way to be, I'm just totally not organised enough to stick to a fixed schedule!

What time do you treat as morning? Lo started waking at 5 for feed but unsure whether to get up for Day as by time I put her back down dd1 be getting ready to rise or treat it as morning like I have been last few days & getting up!

Because he has reflux night times are just horrendous, today I was up with him from 3am, he doses on me on the sofa, and feeds every two hours, and we slept between feeds until gone 9am!!! We were both exhausted. I couldn't imagine starting my day at 5, with even less sleep than I'm already getting! X

Oh I'm sorry to hear that he has reflux hope it improves for you both soon. I guess that affects your routine greatly is he only child?

My son will be a month on Saturday and he's on a sort of schedule. I always start his bedtime routine around 730/8. And then he gets a bottle around 9 and is in bed by 10. He usually gets up around 130/2 for a bottle and then again at 530/6 which is when my husband gets up for work and when I go back to work that's the time I'll get up as well. He eats every 4 hours. I try hard to keep his nighttime routine at the same time so he knows it's bed time.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that he has reflux hope it improves for you both soon. I guess that affects your routine greatly is he only child?

My only child yes, my OH has two children (9&6) who stay lots but are both very good. Hopefully by the time the schools go back in a few weeks we'll have made more progress in the sleep area.

My son will be a month on Saturday and he's on a sort of schedule. I always start his bedtime routine around 730/8. And then he gets a bottle around 9 and is in bed by 10. He usually gets up around 130/2 for a bottle and then again at 530/6 which is when my husband gets up for work and when I go back to work that's the time I'll get up as well. He eats every 4 hours. I try hard to keep his nighttime routine at the same time so he knows it's bed time.

You get up for Day then at 5.30?

My only child yes, my OH has two children (9&6) who stay lots but are both very good. Hopefully by the time the schools go back in a few weeks we'll have made more progress in the sleep area.

Yes hopefully there will be progress by time school starts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->