One week after birth, whole body aching...

Dobsd

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I brought my beautiful LO into the world 6 days ago and have actually felt pretty good since. But today, I woke up feeling like absolute rubbish. Headache, hot flushes, woke up in the nigh shivering uncontrollably but was sweating, and now my entire body aches. I had a warm bath and some Panadol and it went away for a while, which makes me think it isn't a viral infection, but it has come back now (around 4 hours later).
Anybody have any experience of this? Really hoping I'm not sick and it's just post-labour/pregnancy stuff...

Do you have any clogged ducts? Mastitis feels like the flu and hits quickly, and you get a fever. But it could also be something more serious like an infection. I would call your doctor or midwife ASAP.

I thought it could be mastitis as my right breast is painful and red so I called the on-call midwife and she seemed a bit short with me and told me it's highly unlikely to be mastitis only one week after birth. I'm going to see my usual midwife today so I'll speak to her about it instead.
I do feel loads better today and no longer aching or feeling crappy, but my right breast is still tender and red...

I thought it could be mastitis as my right breast is painful and red so I called the on-call midwife and she seemed a bit short with me and told me it's highly unlikely to be mastitis only one week after birth. I'm going to see my usual midwife today so I'll speak to her about it instead.
I do feel loads better today and no longer aching or feeling crappy, but my right breast is still tender and red...

That seems odd that she would say that. A red and sore breast with flu like symptoms is pretty much the definition of mastitis, and if your milk came in rapidly it's certainly possible. Good luck with your usual midwife. I hope you get an answer quickly.

That seems odd that she would say that. A red and sore breast with flu like symptoms is pretty much the definition of mastitis, and if your milk came in rapidly it's certainly possible. Good luck with your usual midwife. I hope you get an answer quickly.

Saw my midwife today, she had a look and said my breast is engorged and showed me what to do to make it better. The flu like symptoms have gone now so definitely not mastitis, thankfully!
My midwife actually disagreed with a few things the on-call midwife had told me (things that I remember thinking didn't sound right when she told me them), so I don't think I'll be calling her for advice again!
Thanks for your replies and well wishes :)

Glad to hear things are better now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->