Ongoing Hip Pain

Bix

Mummy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
I had SPD through both my pregnancies. It was much worse during the second, to the point I could barely walk towards the end. My youngest, however, is now 21 months but I still suffer with the hip pain on and off. It seems to be getting worse again lately and today I'm in agony and struggling to stand, let alone walk.

Has anyone else's SPD continued after their pregnancy? Is it worth going to the doctor, can they (or more to the the point will they) do anything?

Any shared experiences please? :flower:

I know very little about spd. I've read things on line and asked my doctor about it and nobody seems to think it's what I have. I don't know how to help you, I can barely help myself here. My pregnancy was fine, it got a little cumbersome to walk in the 9th month but it all seemed relatively normal not to be able to be 100% comfortable in the latest stage of the game. Since the birth though things have gone downhill. I have groin pain, at first I thought it had something to do with my c-section incision but my doctor assures me that it's healing fine and that it must be a pulled muscle. But I've noticed that when I stand up I have a terrible pain right above my hip bones. I've never felt anything like that before, and have been experiencing it since birth. I've started doing yoga thinking it would help, but so far it's too early to tell. I really want to go to an osteopathic doctor but my insurance doesn't cover osteopathy. Sorry I can't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->