online grocery shopping asda vs tesco !!

netty

Mum of Ashley and Alex
Reaction score
Obviously I have too much time on my hands but I never believe the price comparisons they do!! :blush:

I have just done my weekly online shop on asda and tesco at the same time with exact same quantities and similar items.

The asda shopping was cheaper by £20!!!!!!! Also delivery was £3 compared to £4.50 for Tesco

Somehow I dont think tesco would have owned up to that :growlmad:

I always find asda much cheaper! There customer service and substitutes are much better x

Aldi-cheaper than both!!
Used to shop with asda online, but they kept giving rubbish substitutes, broken eggs, and things about to go out of date.
Out of tesco and asda though, I'd say asda is a bit better.

Xx

I only used asda once and was so disappointed in the amount of almost out of date things they sent me, I asked for a refund and never used them again. Customer services were atrocious as well.

Ii use Tesco most weeks

Have never used tesco online but I know the tescos store at my mums is way more expensive than my asda. In saying that 3 things I always get instore a asda aren't on the website and they substituted dds size 5 nappies...for 6xl!!:dohh:

Asda are way cheaper but I wouldn't do an online shop with them if it was free! My local store are USELESS, as are the bleeding customer service team. Half of the shopping is subbed and the other half gets left on the van :dohh:
I once had subs from Asda for 'not in stock' products, visited the store less than two hours after my delivery and saw all of the products I'd had substitutes for - fully stocked! The packers are either lazy or thick.

I'd pay the extra £20 for the privilege of actually receiving my stuff :lol:

i always use tesco, i hate the Asda website and find Tescos much easier to use..
Plus i like the clubcard points and we get £150 every in vouchers by the end of each year which doubles up for all the christmas pressies or food etc :)

prefer asdas personally, Ive used both and asdas much cheaper. Tescos I always seem to have substitutions, and quite a few times been given things which would be out of date next day. I also prefer them as had bad experience with tescos nappies and like the little angel ones. With asdas Im more likely to get date I want to get delivery

I used to shop with Tesco because I found them slightly better at keeping to the arranged time slots (and to be honest, I liked the lay out on their website too!)
However, Just before Christmas, I was chatting to some mums at school at a set of traffic lights and a Tesco.com van came round the corner, very fast might I add.
His shutters run up and 3 crates flew out and towards me and the mums in question and children in pushchairs.
The man stopped just up the road, we expected an apology, luckily the children were not struck - nor were we.
However, said van driver came to collect the shed crates, proceeded to say some foul language ''F*** Sake!''
Didn't say sorry, didn't ask if the children were ok.

So for that very reason, and Tescos way of dealing with my complaint regarding this, I now use Asda - and to be fair, the Asda I use had Jahmene Douglas working for them before he went to Fame on the X Factor, so I rather use Asda now :D

well the shopping came on time
4 substitutes which were all fine - will definately be using asda again!!

We used to order from Tesco a few years back but stopped after getting just about to go off items and many smashed up and damaged items, final straw was when we ordered pasatta which came in glass bottles and as we had requested no bags the delivery driver threw them into our stainless steel kitchen sink from a height and they smashed to smithereens. We complained to Tesco and they didn't seem to care. Asda delivery is ok, everything is nice and long dated and we never got any damaged items, however they always have at least 4 missing items we had to specify no substitutes because the ones they have given us in the past have always been unsuitable. That's what I like about Waitrose they allow you to specify subs for some items but not others and make a note as well with any other preferences you have for that substitute. For what we buy at the moment it's a toss up between Asda and Sainsbury's as to which is cheapest. There isn't an Aldi or a Lidl locally and they don't do that many vegan products anyway xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->