only 2 bottom teeth help!!!

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Hey guys,

well jack does really well with food he will eat anything, he has jars and my food, but now hes 10months we went up 2 the bigger jars but he keeps crying and wont eat them, i know they have bigger pieces in them and i'm not sure if hes finding it hard to chew it, he only has 2bottom teeth do u think that is why, i mean he eats bread and stuff but there bigger jars he just seems not 2 be able 2 eat them,

any thoughts???

I would think that he will use his gums for chewing - his front teeth are for cutting. Could he be teething - my LO is always off his food and is really fussy if he's got teeth coming through. Or maybe he's getting the hang of moving the bigger lumps around his mouth and he's getting frustrated? Does he eat finger food ok?

He should be able to use his gums to chew... Sam's only just getting molars now so he's only had the front 8 (a lot more than 2, I know ....but you don't really chew with the front ones) for months. Could just be teething pain, or maybe he's just not used to the big lumps - Sam didn't like it when his food got lumpier either, but he was fine with finger foods. You could try cooking pasta with just a little bit of sauce and some cheese or something so he can pick the bits up x

You just have to be persistent, Jasmine only has 2 bottom teeth too... and I found stuff like toast, cherrios and othersmall things like that really helped... carrots were well taken too... but most other fruit didnt work very well.

Have you tried more table foods? At 10mo Casen just went fully off babyfood and only had 2 teeth too but he ate food like crazy. He could eat any meats, anything. He did so much better when we just gave the table foods so we took him fully off babyfood

hi
my little girl is 10 months too an recently she has gone off jars or any foods that we try an spoon feed her, she eats much better when we just give her finger foods on her highchair tray {if we giver her a bowl or plate she just throws that an the cotents on the floor ha ha}

she also only has 2 bottom teeth, think the feeding thing may be down to them wanting to be indipendent?? xxxxxx

Renah won't eat mashed foods but will chew pieces off a carrot, etc. I have no idea why, she just doesn't like chunkier stuff like that

i dont think its the teeth - katie was eating strips of chicken before her tooth came thru. she is a bit funny with the stage 3 jars - she collects the big chunks in her mouth for ages, then munches them up after a good few mouthfuls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->