Only baby girl and struggling to chose.

Misscalais

Reaction score
Im hoping to get some input please :)
So apparently choosing a perfect baby girls name is a lot harder than i expected :haha:

We have 5 weeks to go and we have middle name picked ( which im keeping secret in case i have any family/friends stalking around here lol )

One of the names we have come across is Ariana. ( so pronounced Ari-arna ) I really love it and its not popular where i live which is what i like. It goes nicely with the middle name we have as well as our boys names.

Do you think its a pretty name?

I think it's very pretty!

I'm a little confused as to the pronunciation, where we live (Southern USA) there are several Ariana's but there is no "r" sound - it's just as it appears: Ari-Ana.

My DD is Elliana (Ellie-Ana) and she has friends named Ariana, Adriana, Liliana...the ending sound "ana" is quite popular I guess lol! I had no idea when we named her!

Anyways, I think it's a great name :)

Thank you :) im in Australia so not sure if its just a different way of pronunciation or total different name lol but definitely with the r sound. Love Elliana its beautiful. I love girls names that end with a.

I think it's a beautiful name!

Love the name! So pretty :) I'm in the same boat
as wish4baby though, never heard it with the extra
r but still sounds beautiful! <3

My niece is named Arianna. I think it's beautiful. I've never heard it with the extra "r" sound either but that is really pretty too. My nephew calls her Aria which I think is such a cute nickname.

It's not my cup of tea but it's very pretty!

I love it! I'm also UK and I would say it the same as you. I think it's an accent thing.

From New Zealand and say it the same as you misscalais (just clicked that your name must be something to do with a Holden?!). I find people from other countries would understand better if you wrote it like Ariahhhhna as to how we say it. To us it's an R sound but it's a soft one, not hard like someone from the USA would say.

Very pretty name :)

Uk here and would also pronounce with the R sound x

Would also pronounce it like you and love the name :)

Think its the whole Anna from frozen argument lol in the film her name is pn Arnuh but some people pn it ahna. My daughter is called Anna and we are Scottish so its pn Ahna here. But think it just an accent thing. X

I see! I agree it must be an accent thing.
We're Texan & have a pretty significant "southern drawl" (so I'm told!!)
our vowels get a lot of attention :D
My dd's name is pn Ellie-ah-na (really probably more "aw" than "ah" lol)
Spelled Elliana, so Ariana just rhymes with that, for us anyway

From New Zealand and say it the same as you misscalais (just clicked that your name must be something to do with a Holden?!). I find people from other countries would understand better if you wrote it like Ariahhhhna as to how we say it. To us it's an R sound but it's a soft one, not hard like someone from the USA would say.

Very pretty name :)
Hahahaha!!! Yes for my love of holdens hehe
Its funny how different it can be between AU/NZ/UK and the US

Thanks girls. Im feeling much better about our choice now :) its not hubbies fave out of the 3 that are on the list but his fave isn't mine either.

Im from Aus too and have good friend with a daughter with that name and they pronounce it like you have written. Personally love it.

I'm British, and to me, Ari-AR-na and Ari-AH-na sound exactly the same!

Lovely name! We considered Eliana for our first which means "God answered me." Some friends have a daughter called Ariella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->