only just made it to the hospital - my birth story

CS_and_bump

Reaction score
Very long sorry x

Well I was 10 days overdue and booked to be induced at 11 days when I woke up at 4am with very mild contractions. I went back to sleep and at 9am got up and had a bath they were getting stronger but nothing I couldn't breath through.

I phoned the hospital and they said if I was getting the 5 minutes apart then go in. So at 11am I went in they checked me over said I was in very slow labour 2cm and sent me home.

The contractions disappeared so I watched tv and didn't really do much. I was tired so I went to sleep for a bit on the bed. At 7pm I woke up with really strong contractions and I thought with what she said earlier I was gonna be days in slow labour. I had a long a painful contraction and I herd a pop, it was my waters so I went to the bathroom stood in the bath and tried to call my OH as he had gone to the supermarket.

I he came back and we went to hospital. I got to hospital at 8pm and had to sit in triage area I was sat there for 20 minutes in pain but as it was busy I just put my head in my hands and tried to breath through the pain. A student midwife took me to a room and could see I was in pain so went to fetch a midwife who examined me and said I was 8cm. I asked for pain relief but all I could have was gas and air. Within the next contraction I wanted to push so she said do what your body is telling you.

And at 8.50pm bobby andrew was born weighing 8lb 4oz he's amazing.

Well worth all the pain x x x

Fantastic!!!!! Congratulations hun xx

Congratulations! Is this your first one?

Well done you! I had a similar birth expereince to you this weekend. I had no idea I was in labour until I was in 'full blown' labor. I managed 55 minutes in hospital before he was born so you beat me by 5 minutes :D Huge congrats x

Congratulations to you and your new family :)
He was a lovely weight too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->