Only wants to feed herself!

kateqpr

Reaction score
Poppy has gone from hungrily eating most foods to being quite picky.At least i thought so but i've realised that it's not fussiness but wanting to feed herself. She refuses the spoon now, but will happily eat with her fingers. It's meant the last few days she's rejected anything healthy i've made, so i end up giving her finger foods (oven chips, bits of bread, banana, chicken etc) which she happily eats.

It's making meal times take AGES!! Plus she seems to be getting half the volume of food in, so i'm worried she's not eating enough.

Any thoughts? Or does it sound normal for this age?

Have to rethink all those batches of food in the freezer!!

I'm not sure about normal or otherwise but have you thought about moving on to BLW if she wants to feed herself?

Yeah, as Lu says.
From what I have heard, it seems like a lot of babies start to dislike being fed after being fine with it for a time, I guess it's part of them developing and wanting to be more independent.

Oh and you could offer her a pre loaded spoon of foods you know she will eat lots of if you're really worried about her not eating enough.

My daughter is going through the same at the moment, refusing the spoon completely. She is now eating absolutely anything offered to her so I guess its time to let her feed herself.

Hannah went through that. Just let her feed herself or give her a spoon of food to try and get into her mouth. if she were hungry I'm sure she'd let you know :hugs:

Brianna went through this too. She's pretty much over it now she'll accept some spoonfulls that i feed her. Still prefers to feed herself though. I've done the preloaded spoonfulls thing and it works well for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->