Open to suggestions :D

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
We found out we are having a little girl today I was 99.9% sure it was it was a boy lol, so I hadn't really thought of girls names. Anyway, I'm looking for something thats not overly common, but nothing too modern. I do prefer the older type names but Im open to all suggestions :)

Our surname is Allonby. My other children are called Caitlyn, Ollie, Eve, Amy, William and Alfie.

Some of the names I like (but not necessarily DH does) are,,,

Robyn
Hazel
Anna
May
Iris
Rose
Ada
Ellen
Alice
Harriet
Erin

:flower: Any opinions on those would be appreciated too. Thanks muchly in advance! xx

I like Iris and Alice, they're classic and pretty.

Erin sounds like a modern trend thing to me.

Thanks, I really wanted to call my last daughter Iris but DH wouldn't have it. He doesn't mind Alice. Think I'm going to have a lot of work to do with him :dohh:

What does he like? I love older girls names. Boy names I can go either way, but classic girls are the most beautiful

Robyn - Pretty!.
Hazel - Dislike.
Anna - Classic and beautiful!.
May - Dislike.
Iris - Don't hate, but don't love.
Rose - Pretty, but would only use it for a middle name personally.
Ada - Dislike.
Ellen - Dislike.
Alice - Don't hate, but don't love.
Harriet - Love!.
Erin - Love!

:flower:

I like loads of those names but love Anna and it goes so well with your other babies names.

what about:

Avril (french for april)
Emily
Harriet
Antonia
Maya
Maybelle

Thanks. Yes Rose will be the middle name after DHs late Mum, sorry should have said that, so it will be ***** Rose Allonby.

DH doesnt like many names. All he has come up with is Cerys, which is ok. I mean I like it, but don't love it. Tasha I love Anna, do u not think Anna Allonby is a bit of a mouthful though?

what about:

Avril (french for april)
Emily
Harriet
Antonia
Maya
Maybelle

I actually really like April, but I dont think I could use it because of little April Jones. Love Harriet! x

No I think it actually goes really well but then you know I have Riley Rae and also know what I want future baby to called so you know I dont have a problem with the same sounds.

I actually considered Anna or Annie for a future girl but its RR's middle name plus Maria's so a bit too painful for us.

Thanks ladies. Any suggestions of other names I may like? Really struggling! x

I love Rose. If we were having a girl it was going to be Ellie Rose. Can I be nosy and ask what your boy's name was? We're having the opposite problem!

Hope this helps!...

Adeline Rose
Agatha Rose
Clara Rose
Constance Rose
Cora Rose
Nina Rose
Elsa Rose
Edith Rose
Ida Rose
Imogen Rose
Martha Rose
Matilda Rose
Penelope Rose
Sarah Rose
Delilah Rose
Jemima Rose
Lydia Rose
Tabitha Rose
Charlotte Rose
Eleanor Rose
Emily Rose
Olivia Rose
Arabella Rose
Norah Rose
Phoebe Rose
Audrey Rose
Emmeline Rose
Evangeline Rose
Jessica Rose
Megan Rose

:flower:

Clara Rose sounds pretty. Another name I love that is quite a classic name (she was in a Jane Austen book) is Felicity which sounds gorgeous with Rose. Riley Rae was almost Felicity Rae. Do you like either of those?

I love Rose. If we were having a girl it was going to be Ellie Rose. Can I be nosy and ask what your boy's name was? We're having the opposite problem!

He probably would have been Edward :) DH wanted Matthew (after his brother) but Williams middle name is Matthew and I thought calling another child Matthew would have taken the sentiment away iykwim? I also really liked Joseph, Noah and George x

i love Alice.. thought about it for our girl. Erin is my name ans I've always loved it.. unless you don't like the Irish, LOL

I love love love Iris, Alice and Ada! I really like Ada because it's pretty, feminine and not very popular. I don' know any little girls names Ada.

Robyn quite like
Hazel dislike
Anna love
May love
Iris love
Rose love
Ada quite like
Ellen dislike
Alice dislike
Harriet dislike
Erin quite like

You have some lovely choices

I LOOOOOOOOVE classical names! im in nz and just named DD Maria, love it so much really uncommon here except in older people and we dont have spanish connection you seem to have in the US

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->