Open University tutorial days

emyandpotato

Reaction score
They don't happen to have a creche do they? Or let you bring your kids? It's just they're on a Saturday, and my OH works weekends and it's a long way away so will be an all day trip with travelling and lectures and coming home again, and I do two modules so have a lecture every two weeks-ish. I don't want to miss them cos I'm now second year so it counts towards my degree which I can not fuck up.

When I did mine I'm pretty sure there wasn't a crèche or anything? But then I never went to the tutorial days for that reason because I struggled with childcare too.

Do you have any family or friends who could have your LO for the day?

Have to say.... I never went to a single tutorial but still graduated with a 2:1!

Well I didn't go to them last year at all, but I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on any info, and I really need a first. My parents could watch him, but it'd be from 8am til late afternoon and the weekends are theirs now, you know? I don't want it thrown in my face in an argument, and I don't want to put them out cos it really would be quite frequent!

It's okay, I didn't think there would be, but thought I'd check!

I've never been to one for this reason :( OH works Saturdays and I have no other childcare.

They can do phone conference tutorials I think?

I don't think I'd learn a thing on a phone call, phones make me so nervous I'd be too on edge to even think! It's okay, I guess I can just play things by ear, they're not absolutely essential. Weird that they don't have a creche though considering the whole point of open university is flexibility for people who can't study conventionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->