Opinions needed on TTC after D&C

Baronessgogo

Mum to Thomas Michael
Reaction score
Ok girlies im very tempted here, i had a D&C after a MMC two weeks ago, the bleeding is more or less stopped now. The nurse said to wait for my AF until trying again, but im very tempted to try again straight away. Has anyone done this and does anyone know the risks of not waiting?

My Doc didnt advise against it at all, I think its more for dating purposes, but that can be done by a scan now. I just went with the flow after my D&C, and to my surprise look at my ticker! Ive had 4 mcs in the space of 8 months, never had a hearbeat or gotten this far, have seen a heartbeat twice now so it hasnt had any negative effects so far on me, so far this has been the most positive pregnancy I have had this time trying! Good luck with whatever you decide to do hun!:hugs:

I've met many women on this board and others who got pregnant straight away after a D&C and went on to have successful pregnancies. I agree that most docs probably just say to wait for dating purposes and also to allow time for you to heal emotionally as well.

I am in that boat at the mo we did not try but did not prevent and I got BFP last couple of days but the doc is not convinved that all the hormone had gone after MC and I have to have blood tests done to make sure that the hormones are doing what they should. There is a slightly increased risk of miscarrying again but it is only very slight the main reason they way to wait is to let your body completly recover and for the dating. I hate needles so this is a big negative for me but if you dont mind that sort of thing there is no harm it having a go as long as you are ready

I agree with the other ladies, I think they say wait on cycle for dating purposes. I don't there's no harm in trying as long as you're emotionally ready.
Good luck with what ever you decide hun x

yeh it exacly what the previous girls have said... its purely for dating purposes...
hubby and i have TC straight away after a m/c and D&C on 19th of May...

best of luck x

Im sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Im in the same boat right now. I had a natural miscarraige last week and had a follow up appt. with my dr yesterday. She wants me to wait one cycle, but I really dont want to. (I have long cycles 45+ days) If I ovulate before first AF (and about the normal time) I wont ovulate until the first week of August, so Im leaning toward just trying right away. I did read that your chance of having a miscarraige increases by like .05% of something like that if you dont wait for your first AF after a miscarraige.

I know its a hard decision to make. Try to have confidence in whatever choice you make. :hugs:

Hiya Baronessgogo :hugs:

Me and my OH haven't used protection at all since our loss
and we don't intend to either :flower:

xx

We have been using protection, but we have discussed it and said that if i get a positive OPK then we will BD without, at least i have a shot then, and if i dont get a positive and iv missed it then im being good and waiting.

There is a tiny bit of logic in there somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->