Opinions needed!

maryanne1987

Reaction score
So our baby boy is going to be called Henry Alexander. We love it! But seem to be faced with comments from family about how old fashioned it is. That he will hate it when he's growing up etc. not one person has sad they like it. Is it really that bad? Honest opinions please!

I don't think it's old fashioned!! I like Alexander but prefer Harry to Henry, or Alexander as a first name. But that's just me personally! If you love it that's all that matters. I don't think your boy is going to grow up hating it.

Why on earth would he hate it when he grows up? Classic names like Henry stand people in good stead for later life, with job applications and the like especially. There is a reason why classic names are such, they stand the test of time.

I love the name Henry but ultimately that shouldn't matter. He is your child and the best thing that you can teach him about his name is that it was your choice and you stuck to your own preferences instead of letting others manipulate your decision.

Thanks ladies. I do really love it, That's how I refer to him now. I'd be devastated to have to change it. Going to just ignore the comments and not let them upset me.

I have a Henry Jack and I wouldn't change his name for the world

But then I love classic names, Henry Alexander sounds lovely to me :)

I like it! Don't see anything wrong with it.

'Old fashioned' names are very popular and for a good reason - they have stood the test of time and are as gorgeous now as they were back when!

Henry is a beautiful name and nobody would hate it there is just no reason to :)

I love old man names and for my baby I considered Henry, we went with Arthur but Henry is still one of my favourites!

'Old fashioned' names are very popular and for a good reason - they have stood the test of time and are as gorgeous now as they were back when!

Henry is a beautiful name and nobody would hate it there is just no reason to :)

I love old man names and for my baby I considered Henry, we went with Arthur but Henry is still one of my favourites!

Arthur was our second choice. I love old names!

It's a beautiful name. People were the same with me about the name Thomas.

Its a lovely name ignore them all if you and dh love it then go with it :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->