Opinions on girl names please x

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
The name I'm mainly asking opinions on is Dolcie, thoughts please?

We had agreed on two possible girl names, but dh told mil the other day and now she's put him off one of them 😡

So ideas are:

Constance (Connie)
Elsie (the name that mil has put dh off, originally my fave)
Ava (love this but dislike the popularity of it, also too close to Evie?)
Dolcie (really like it but unsure of reactions)

If it helps my other daughters names are: Shani, Sofia, Evie and Madeleine (Maddie).

TIA

I like Ava, but it is quite close to Evie.
I love Elsie from your list. I'm unsure about Dolcie, just because I've never seen it before. Is it just pronounced as it is spelt?

I like Ava, but it is quite close to Evie.
I love Elsie from your list. I'm unsure about Dolcie, just because I've never seen it before. Is it just pronounced as it is spelt?

Thank you for your feedback. Yes it pronounced Doll-see x

Personally I really LOVE Elsie! If that's not an option I think Ava is also beautiful.
Truthfully, all of them are such pretty names you really can't go wrong with any of them.

But Elsie and Ava are my top 2:)

I assumed Dolcie was pronounced the same as dolce and gabbana (dul-chay). I googled it to see pronunciation (before I realized you posted it)... and found it is a "UK name" and pronounced doll-see, according to the site.

Not really a fan, personally.... reminds me of the Kardashian's dog.

Although I see the appeal! My mom called me "dolly" as a nickname when I was little... and I find myself calling cute baby girls "dolly" as a nickname sometimes too when I'm fussing over them! <3

Ava is my favorite on your list. I don't think it's too similar to Evie at all.

I like Ava & Elsie!

Not a huge fan of Dolcie.

Elsie is my favourite - we are calling our unborn daughter Elsie :cloud9:

I always thought Dolcie was pronounced Doll-Chee :wacko::haha:

I don't like Constance, but I do like Ava and Sofia too xx

My niece is Elsie and my friends daughter is Dolcie. Personally I think both are lovely. X

Thanks for comments everyone, I think I've managed to get dh to consider Elsie again, so looks like we are back to our original options of Elsie and Constance (Connie), if I get my way she'll most likely be Elsie Constance &#127872;, decided to ignore the mil negative comments &#128521; Xx

Ignore negative comments :)

I really like Constance, Elsie reminds me of my aunts dog as that's what she's called but that is literally situational! They are my favourite from your list.

I'm not keen on Dolcie, only because it reminds me of the shoe make Dolcis

Xx

I love that Dolcie is so different and I think it goes beautifully with your other girls names xx

DD1 is Elsie, I absolutely love her name and we've only ever had positive reactions to it. Really like Constance too.

I love Constance. Elsie Constance is lush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->