Opinions on girls name...

wannabump82

Reaction score
Hi

I am having my third child and me and hubby are the process of choosing possible names. I picked our other two so we agreed that hubby could pick this one. He lost his mother in August due to a brain bleed and he wants to name the baby after her. She is called Jane. I thought this would be a lovely middle name but he is set on not Jane but Janie as a first name. what do you think?

My middle name is Jane and I agree it's a good (easy!) middle name to have! I'm not sure I'd like it as a first name but actually Janie is quite sweet. I'd probably use Jane as her registered name but call her Janie. Janie may be a bit cutesy for her as an adult.

I agree and also because I'm a Jenni so it's sounds too much like mine I suppose I'm just glad his mum was called Jane and not Pamela like mine :)

I also don't mind traditional names as my other two are charlie and Jacob.

Also my middle name, but I spell it differently. Agree with Jane as the name on the birth certificate, but you can always call her Janie as a nn. I think it's a cute nn!

Janie and Jenni are pretty similar is that going to confuse him :haha:

It's a cute name but I agree with the suggestions to have Janie as a nickname and Jane on the birth certificate, for when she's older.:)

I agree with Jane on the birth certificate and Janie as a nick name.

Is he stuck on a middle name to go with Jane?

I think Janie is very cute but also wouldn't use it as an official name. Jane has a ton of variant forms though (one of them being Jenny), so if he's not keen on Jane, maybe he'll like one of the others as a formal name? Have a look here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_(given_name)

I think Janie is very cute but also wouldn't use it as an official name. Jane has a ton of variant forms though (one of them being Jenny), so if he's not keen on Jane, maybe he'll like one of the others as a formal name? Have a look here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_(given_name)

Thanks hun. Can't have jenny as that's my name. Hes quite taken with Janie Grace. He says there are a lot of names like that that have the same cuteness to it. We find out on Thursday what we are having. No idea what he's thinking re boys names as we have a charlie and Jacob so it would have to go with them and be quite old fashioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->