Opinions on Name - Lincoln

louisianagirl

Mom to 2 Boys
Reaction score
My husband and I are having the hardest time naming this child!

Here are some of our criteria...

1) No gender neutral names (Trevor, Ashley, etc)
2) Cannot start with B or M
3) Really would like it to be a President or Civil War General just for theme (oldest son is Jackson)
4) Strong masculine name

We are leaning towards Lincoln for this child. The middle name we have picked is Michael. When we picked Jackson, we had no idea how much it was growing in popularity. Lincoln seems to be picking up speed. I don't know anyone named Lincoln. My parents/sister/old generation don't love it. They think we are crazy....

Ok, so whats your opinion on Lincoln Michael......?????

TIA!

It's not my favorite name.. But I also don't think there's anything wrong with it either. Fits all your criteria and you like it I say use it..

Other names that fit criteria...
Abraham
Arthur
Harrison
Carter
Tyler
Wilson
Grant

I love it. It's one of my favourite names for a boy. We had it picked out for DS1 but DH changed his mind. I get a little jealous every time somebody uses it lol!

Love it! I used to teach a boy called Lincoln, but that's the only one I've ever known. He was awesome! It was on our list for ds. It doesn't stand out as an 'odd' name to me at all.

We love Lincoln but have close friends who live in Lincoln so we are finding it hard to get past that. It's slightly too out there for us but we love it. I've heard of quite a few Lincoln's but that could be because I notice it more!

We had Lincoln on our list for boy names, we just didn't really like the nickname Linc.

We also really liked Lennox, but didn't like the nicknames Len or Lenny (I knew a really fat gross man named Len which put me off!).

I love love love the name Lincoln! It was my top choice for this LO, with the nickname Link, but DF refuses. �� I think Lincoln Michael goes really well together as well!

It's not my usual style but I actually really like it. Mostly because I think Link is a pretty awesome nn.

I like the nn but not the name. It's hard to pronounce fr me as a non Native English speaker.

I Love the Name Lincoln. I wanted that name too but DH would not go for it :(

Our baby will definitely be Lincoln Allen if it's a boy...so safe to say I love the name! :]

Thank you for all the responses. We have decided on the name (with your help). Lincoln will be here no later than Monday!

Love Lincoln. If this bump is blue then we will have a Lincoln too!

Suppose Grover is out of the question. Lol, just kidding. I really like the name, go for it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->