Opinions on second tri

sedgeez

Mummy to my rainbow
Reaction score
I know that it defers for different people, so I'm wondering your opinions on when the second tri starts.

I know some people say 13 weeks, some say 14 weeks and others say 13 weeks and 3 days.

I don't know which one applies to me. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and I'd love to say I'm second tri, but I feel like I'm cheating lol

Opinions?

Whats weird to me is my doc said 12 weeks is secind tri and my ticker says that to. So idk i would love to hear answers

I plan on moving to second tri at the end of my 12th week. All my pregnancy books say that's the end of first tri, and I'm too impatient to wait until 14 weeks :haha:. I'd say you're in second tri :).

I've heard 12 and 13 weeks but this forum has 1st trimester as conception through 13 weeks and 2nd trimester as 14-26 weeks. I don't think it matters much as a lot of ladies come over to 2nd trimester early (early according to their label for each forum anyway lol). So I don't think anyone is wrong to be under the impression it is earlier as there are other forums that start at 12 and 13 weeks it just babyandbump that has slightly different criteria.

First trimester is full of stress for sure though and I can understand wanting to be in 2nd trimester. I don't see it as a huge difference forum wise tho as I spend lots of time in ttc and first trimester still answering questions for other ladies...I don't think you really ever leave the other forums completely lol.

I started saying I was entering 2nd tri at 13 weeks, and I consider myself in 2nd tri now.

Oh...I guess I should move over then. lol

If 40 weeks is the standard/typical expected length of a pregnancy, and there are 3 trimesters...then 13.33 weeks is when 2nd tri starts. So I suppose if you want to be exact then 13w3d would be the beginning? lol

I think anytime between 13-14 weeks. :thumbup:

Im gonna go with 13 weeks then :) not much longer!!

Sedjeez id say safe to say your in 2nd tri :)

Thanks ladies for the replies!

I can't believe ill be in the second tri tomorrow then! :happydance:

It's gone so quick! :thumbup:

My doctors office goes by 14 weeks. I always thought it was from 12 weeks. This forum says it's 14. I started transitioning to the second trimester forum at about 13 weeks. But I still come round and check this forum too. :D

The last week of first tri is 12 weeks until the ending of that week. So the first day of second tri would be 13 weeks :)

But its really up to u the way you think of it. :)
See u in second tri!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->