Opinions on the name Gabriel

Loui1001

Reaction score
This is our chosen boys name but someone at work made a passing comment on it being very feminine and now I'm having a wobble! I know it shouldn't matter what others think as we both love it but it's stuck in my head ow so I was hoping for some more thoughts :thumbup:

I don't think its feminine at all - if you love something you should stick with it and not let other people put you off!

No matter what name you chose you know people are going to hate the name and you know people are going to love it. Its inevitable.

I am indifferent to it.

Its one thing if your coworker was being asked for his/her opinion, but for when people just outright give an opinion which is in opposition to my excitement I have programmed myself to respond with...good thing you didnt name your child that then.

I like Gabriel a lot! I do expect he'll probably go by Gabe, all of the Gabriels I know do, and that's a very masculine nickname... or it seems so for me.

I always think feminine as its very close to Gabrielle which is very feminine

Gabe is masculine though

its your choice at the end of the day

I don't think it's feminine at all but I really don't like the nickname Gabe so it's out for me.

Love Gabriel, one of my best friends is a Gabriel and goes by Gabe. I've always thought it was a strong and masculine name. Don't let someone silly comment have so much weight. People are weird about names sometimes. Gabriel is a great name.

Thank you all, I know it's silly to be thinking about someone else's opinion but it was something that hadn't occurred to me so wanted a wider view!! Still love it

I love Gabe and I know a Gabriel - when I first heard it, I admit I thought a little feminine but actually once I met him and have heard the name all the time I didn't think that at all. So actually I think if there were more out there no one would think that! But good that there isn't so your LO can have a unique name xx

I have always loved this name, love gave too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->