Opinions please - ebay

tallybee

DS '04, DD '06, DD '15
Reaction score
Righty... I bought a digital photo frame to display our wedding pics and other nice family photos. The listing said it had 2GB internal memory. It turned up in good time, but has no internal memory! You have to use a memory card or USB stick.

I took a screenshot of the listing, emailed them, got no reply 3 days later, so opened a case through ebay stating that postage costs being prohibitive I would prefer to negotiate a partial refund. Looked at the listing and they've changed it so the 2GB memory thing isn't stated! Lucky I took a screenshot eh :winkwink:

So a couple of hours after I opened the case, the seller emailed me offering a 1GB memory stick 'worth £7' for free... I had already bought a 4GB one for £6 :wacko: so that I could start using the frame! So I said I would prefer a partial refund. They've offered me £3. What are your opinions of this?

Honestly, ebay!! DH would just leave it, but I hate being misled and then fobbed off! I wouldn't have bought that one if I'd known!

What would you do?

Thanks!

:flower:

ETA: the frame was £19.99 plus £5.99 p&p
x

I would probably accept the offer of the £ 3 refund, because if you bought a 4gb memory for £6 and it was originally advertised with 2gb then thats half the memory for half the cost - if that makes sense ?

Yeah, I agree with above poster but I would leave negative or at least neutral feedback as a warning to other buyers because the seller has been deceitful by changing the listing :growlmad:

i'd say i wanted at least £6 to refund what you spend on memory so you could use the frame because £3 seems a bit low considering they lied in their listing, even if they had admitted fault and said they didn't realise but to change it after they knew they had messed up

Take what you are happy with and nothing less.

V xxx

Depends how much you paid for it in the first place! How cheeky though changing the listing!! x

I would ask for the refund to atleast cover what a 2GB card on ebay would cost! :)

Thanks girls!

Am just going to take the £3 really though I do think they've been shitty, will be considering what feedback to leave though! :growlmad:

Remember if you ever want to file a claim for a return or partial refund, even if they change the listing, Ebay will see what the listing looked like when the item was actually purchased...so sellers can't get away with that crap.

I would've asked for 6 back, and if they refused - take the 3 and leave low ratings and bad feedback. That's very sketchy of them to change the listing and try to pull a fast one on you.

Now they're saying they can't do anything til I close the case?!?

I'd of tried to get £6 back tbh for the memory card you bought!
If they refuse.. Negative feedback!
If they accept.. I'd leave neutral... I wouldn't leave a positive!

This just gets more annoying. The seller is trying to say I need to close the case before they can refund the poxy £3. I don't like the sound of that, surely if I close the case that's me saying all's been sorted and I'm happy? Then they won't have to give me anything back at all!

I emailed ebay to ask what the right thing to do is, and they're not answering the question! Just going on about communicating with the seller and trying to resolve it but if this hasn't been possible within the 8 days time frame to escalate it to customer support.

All I want them to tell me is whether the seller telling me to close the case is a con or not :wacko:

Honestly ebay's more of a pain in the arse for me as a buyer than as a seller just now :wacko:

This just gets more annoying. The seller is trying to say I need to close the case before they can refund the poxy £3. I don't like the sound of that, surely if I close the case that's me saying all's been sorted and I'm happy? Then they won't have to give me anything back at all!

I emailed ebay to ask what the right thing to do is, and they're not answering the question! Just going on about communicating with the seller and trying to resolve it but if this hasn't been possible within the 8 days time frame to escalate it to customer support.

All I want them to tell me is whether the seller telling me to close the case is a con or not :wacko:

Honestly ebay's more of a pain in the arse for me as a buyer than as a seller just now :wacko:

Personally i'd sent a polite message back saying that, sorry, but you won't be closing it until you have a final result you are happy with.
It's all very well you closing it but they can then pull a fast one and not pay you and there's nothing you can do about it.

Well girls I'm glad I held out - I escalated the case today and was awarded a FULL refund!

:laugh2:

:happydance:

glad you won, i have such a love hate relationship with ebay!!

Thank u! Me too, it can be so annoying at times but then sometimes things are favourable and it's ace!
:dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->