Opinions please!

Mum2b_Claire

Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!
Reaction score
OK so Ruby is now 18lb. She is taking 8-9oz of hungry baby formula every 4 hours during the day plus a dreamfeed at 11pm. She has started to get hungry every 3 hours during the day now when previously she was lasting 4 hours no problem.

She sleeps through the night no problem and is never very hungry at all when she wakes.

Anyway, I have read that instead of moving her back to 3 hourly feeds, I should introduce solids. Apparently starting to feed her more often is a backward step.

I am not sure which is worse though, that or weaning early?

Greatly appreciate your opinions :)

PS I have considered that it might be a growth spurt, but still like your thoughts on the issue!

How old is ruby hun ?

I know every where is diff but when my lil dude was 5 months old he was eating allot and i mean allot of formula so we started to introduce some solids along with yogurt and it helped allot as his tummy was full longer .. when it comes down to weaning its more of your gut feeling on it .

I'm not sure my opinion counts, as I am not there yet! But, I would rather feed more often than wean early.

Ruby is a week older than Freya, making her 18.5 weeks (yeah?) so it's only about 6 ish weeks 'til it's a good time to wean IMO.

I would try and wait if it were me. :)

*EDIT* Maybe if she stopped sleeping through the night it might be different. Also, that is a lot of milk!!

Thanks Kirsten, course your opinion counts, IMO you don't need to be in a situation to have a valid opinion on it.
Yes that is a lot of milk! And at 7pm today she drained 9oz in 6 minutes!

Thanks Kirsten, course your opinion counts, IMO you don't need to be in a situation to have a valid opinion on it.

:shock: OMG! I don't think Freya can even swallow that quickly! :rofl: x

I weaned Phoebe early at 17 weeks as she was draining 8oz bottles extremly quickly every 3 hours and waking in the night for more feeds. It did help for a while but now I have the opposite problem in that she now wont drink milk and wants solids all the time.

:shock: OMG! I don't think Freya can even swallow that quickly! :rofl: x

The fact that my little madam will only drink from fast flow teats probably has something to do with it! x

The fact that you ask the question means that maybe you think weaning is the answer. She's over 17 weeks so go with what you feel is right. If she's not ready she probably won't take it anyway.

I strated at 17 weeks cos the hungry milk stopped working and he wanted feeding every 2 1/2 hrs max and he started waking 2-3 times in the night when he was sleeping through before and quite unsettled during the day (this went on for nearly 2 weeks).

I was unsure if it was a growth spurt (but didnt think so) but bit the bullet anyway. Am glad i did as the growth spurt came 5 days after as he drank loads more and wanted extra bottles at random times over a few days.

Jac is loving hisfood...and get's excited when he sees the little bowl and spoon and we've only been at it 2 weeks or so. We've had baby rice, banana porridge, potato and carrot so far. The potato he wasn't fussed on so we'll try again at a later date.

Sorry for rambling on.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"