Opinions please

noddy1922

Reaction score
Hi all just wanted opinions from some of you guys re my fiancee and what on earths going on, please bear with me on the terminology as I've not a clue about the abbreviations used on here!

We've been TTC over a year now (she's 37 me 39) and last year suffered a miscarriage at around 10 weeks which at the time was terrible but we've kept on trying with no joy. We've started using the Clearblue Fertility monitor and this month we got to day 40 with no period (usually around day 30) then my OH had some light spotting which we thought was the start of a period or implantation bleeding. Day 42 arrived and OH experienced a flood at work (sorry TMI) so thinking this was the period proper she used a tampon which in the morning was 'full' and also had some kind of 'clot' on it (TMI again!).

We're now on day 47 and seeing as a period hasn't kicked in and my OH has felt nauseous very tired and sore boobs she did a test this morning. We got the BFP so I guess should be happy but we're both worried as she's still getting some bleeding when she wipes (in her words 'gunky till today but now brighter red again TMI).

Anyways we're of course wondering if we've had another miscarriage and were thinking of retesting at the weekend and seeing if the positive comes up again and then maybe to the doctors if it does and the bleeding continues.

Any words of encouragement or reality checks most welcome, I currently think it'll all come to nothing but I can't help hoping :wacko:

Hi all just wanted opinions from some of you guys re my fiancee and what on earths going on, please bear with me on the terminology as I've not a clue about the abbreviations used on here!

We've been TTC over a year now (she's 37 me 39) and last year suffered a miscarriage at around 10 weeks which at the time was terrible but we've kept on trying with no joy. We've started using the Clearblue Fertility monitor and this month we got to day 40 with no period (usually around day 30) then my OH had some light spotting which we thought was the start of a period or implantation bleeding. Day 42 arrived and OH experienced a flood at work (sorry TMI) so thinking this was the period proper she used a tampon which in the morning was 'full' and also had some kind of 'clot' on it (TMI again!).

We're now on day 47 and seeing as a period hasn't kicked in and my OH has felt nauseous very tired and sore boobs she did a test this morning. We got the BFP so I guess should be happy but we're both worried as she's still getting some bleeding when she wipes (in her words 'gunky till today but now brighter red again TMI).

Anyways we're of course wondering if we've had another miscarriage and were thinking of retesting at the weekend and seeing if the positive comes up again and then maybe to the doctors if it does and the bleeding continues.

Any words of encouragement or reality checks most welcome, I currently think it'll all come to nothing but I can't help hoping :wacko:

Hi Noddy,
I don't really know what to say that may be of help, but I just wanted to say good luck to you and your fiancee.
I do know that my sister when pregnant bleed every month throughout her pregnancy and still went on to have beautiful and healthy baby girl.
:hugs::hugs:

Hi Noddy -

Perhaps try calling her OB and pushing for a beta hcg - a blood test to determine the amount of pregnancy hormone in her body. One test won't be able to tell you much because what matters is not how much hcg is in her blood but how much the amount is changing, so they'll want to test her now and then again in a few days. The number should double roughly every 48 hours. Dr's are often reluctant to do it early in a pregnancy, but make sure they know about your history of miscarriage. Push for the tests - get annoying - it doesn't matter if they like you or not. The peace of mind is worth it.

Bleeding in and of itself doesn't necessarily mean anything - like the pp, my sister had extremely heavy and constant bleeding for the first two months of her pregnancy and yet my niece was born completely fine and healthy after a full term pregnancy. I've had two miscarriages myself, though, at 12 weeks and 8 weeks, so I completely understand your concern.

Best of luck to you both.

Thanks guys I'm trying to be calm and see what happens but can't help bring a little excited. We have the Doctors appointment with her GP on the 22nd so will be asking for tests etc there although it's often hard work trying to get these people to spend 'their' money!

Thanks again I'll come back and update as and when, meantime anyone else wanting to chip in us more than welcome :o)

noddy

Are you in the uk? Just asking as if theres been no period for 6/7 weeks or so (have I got that right) then you could see you GP for a scan? Where I live if you go to your gp with early bleeding in pregnancy then they would send you to the early pregnancy unit for a scan to see if in fact you have mc or whether they could see they sac, they asked me to wait for a week or so to see what happened but I wasnt having any of that and went for a scan the next day!

Yeah we're in Cornwall so that could be a possibility I guess, I already gearing myself up for the GP to not be interested if I'm being honest so I just hope I'm wrong!

Thanks for the idea we'll suggest it although thinking back a friend who'd had a mc had to pay for an early scan down here :0/

noddy

Well Im in the same place as you and Ive never had to pay and ive had a lot!! Maybe it depends on your gp, some are more understanding etc, good luck anyway and hope it all goes well x

Morning - get her to phone her GP - she should get an emergency apointment and an emergency scan the next day. Its happened a friend of mine twice (UK) and both times an emergency scan has been arranged to confirm what is happening.

Hope it all goes well for you both - but please get her to phone her GP asap.

Brief update, OH went to the Doctors this morning as suggested and we have a scan appointment I'm the morning. Can't help thinking it's gonna be bad news but who knows...

*crosses fingers*

Brief update, OH went to the Doctors this morning as suggested and we have a scan appointment I'm the morning. Can't help thinking it's gonna be bad news but who knows...

*crosses fingers*

Will be thinking about you :hugs:

*crosses fingers*

Glad you got the appointment and scan sorted.
Good luck and keep us posted as to how you get on.
:hugs::hugs:

aww fingers crossed for you and your lady, hope all goes well! xxx

Thanks for the good wishes, OH is having some 'period' pains this evening so I fear I was right to be not having a good feeling. Ah well tomorrow will tell

Hey guys sorry for keeping you hanging but a very busy day and had to work a bit late to catch up with what was missed this morning!

Anyhoo we went for the scan and, to our absolute amazement the Doctor straight away place the scanner head on her stomach, pointed out the sack and then confirmed it's a viable pregnancy in the uterus and there was even a heartbeat!!

He didn't know why there was still blood when but said if it's dark coloured not to concerned as some women can bleed throughout with no problems.

If I'm being honest it's not really sunk in yet so the next targets the 12 week scan although we've considered an 8 week scan or would that be going over the top (anyone)

Anyhoo I'm starving hungry so need my dinner, thank's for all your kind words and special thanks for telling us to go for a scan :o)

Woo hoo! Great news about the scan, hopefully the bleeding will stop and your lady will have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Congrats!

Ah that's great news!!! I don't think it would do any harm to have an 8 week scan. It would keep your minds at peace at least and that's got to be a good thing.:thumbup::hugs:

good news :) fingers crossed for you - I would have an 8 week scan as well tbh just for reassurance if you can - heres hoping for a healthy and happy 9 months for you guys x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->