OPK Advice/ short LP

BostonLover89

Reaction score
Now that I'm onto my 8th cycle TTC .... 10 full months off BCP... I'm getting super anxious and worried. I use the FR OPKS usually starting around cd 10. I just started using FF app as well as mydays but they gave conflicting fertile Windows. FF says third week of October while mydays says the second.

Obviously I'm worried about having to spend a bunch of money on extra OPKS but I also really want the mydays to be correct since that would work better for my DHs schedule. Why do you think they are so off? The same info is in both of them. :shrug:

Also, I have been told that I have a short LP. My last one was only 8 days . Upon too much googling I read that this could be really bad for TTC as the fertilized egg might not have enough time to implant.

1-is that true?
2-what can I due to lengthen my LP?

TIA! :kiss:

I also had a short LP (6-8 days). Believe my chemical was caused by it. When I got preg with my son (6th cycle ttc) I had been taking B6 which is supposed to help (and obvs did for me). Only reason I am not taking this time around is that my first cycle this time, it pushed my already late ovulation back really far.

Started on vitex almost a couple months ago, and had my first 12 day LP last cycle! It can take a few months for full effect but helped me my first full cycle on it. It affects your progesterone levels (low progesterone is often a cause of short LP since progesterone is the dominant hormone during LP). I would recommend doing some research on it; when I did I found majoritarily positive reviews. One common reccomendation if you do take it: if you get a BFP, keep taking it. It says not reccomended when pregnant, however stopping abruptly can cause progesterone to drop and many women report miscarriage due to this. Most of what I read said to take until end of first tri and then wean off but if you get to that point def discuss with your doctor.

Good luck!!

Thanks blackrain! I was so fixated on ovulation for that last few months that I didn't even look into the specifics regarding my lp.

My husband picked up some soy isos at gnc today so I'm planning on giving those a shot to see if they will help. It's my understanding that I should only take those until cd 12? :shrug:

I'm glad the vitex worked for you! When I initially googled lp support I read about it and found similar feedback about the MCs. I think if the soy doesn't do the trick I might have to consider it.

My doc mentioned clomid but I would prefer not to take that. Going in for a fertility evaluation in October! FX it's only good news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->