Opk CB adv very confused!! HELP

lisaalove

Reaction score
Okay so I am using the CB Adv opk's and I tested on the 10th and it gave me a peak sign so I decided yesterday we wouldn't need to test again but today for some odd reason I had the urge to take another one and it came up as a peak fert. again.....! Unsure as to what this means. Obviously you can only really ovulate once a month right? So then how can I ovulate the tenth and then not test yest. and then today have it come up as a peak again? Has anyone else had this happen??

I am currently on day 3 of a peak reading and have been getting positive tests ( Not digitals) since SaturdaY I have no idea whats up

Its so frustrating. I wish I knew what it meant. Guess it means just keep trying!

It doesn't measure actual ovulation. Your body sends a surge of Lutenizing hormone signaling your body to ovulate. The test detects the presense of a certain level of LH. The elevated level can last a few days.

I don't know about the Adv digital, but with the monitor once it got a peak, it would give you a peak the next day, then a high, then a low - no matter what your actual reading was. Maybe the adv digital is just supposed to stay on peak after it does peak?

According to the instructions, the test will continue to say peak for 2 days, regardless of the test. Why it is going longer, I don't know. But I think it may be like the monitor, it ignores the tests after you reach peak.

It's like this because the monitor and the advanced digital try to "learn" about your cycles. The original, not advanced, digital will keep giving you a fresh reading every time. It isn't smart, it doesn't "learn"

I know your lh surge can last a few days but I also know that you only ovulate once during a cycle and you eventually peak thats why I am confused because on the tests I have its supposed to have a low high and peak reading and it was continously saying peak and not a high so its confusing trying to figure out which day I was ovulating...

So it's continuously solid? Does the solid smiley go away?

It shouldn't let you test even!

Smiley Face - This is the user's most fertile time and the result will be displayed for 2 days. If the user has intercourse today she will maximize her chance of getting pregnant. The user should stop testing after the first day that Peak Fertility is displayed (3 error symbols will be displayed simultaneously if she continues to test).

Thats just it. It was two days before I tested again and when I did it came up as peak again not just high or low.

I think the test is programmed not to give anything else after a peak (solid) smiley. The directions say to stop testing, that it won't work properly. So it probably isn't working properly.

If you want to keep testing, get a non-smart OPK like the standard digital or a line test.

Thats just it. It was two days before I tested again and when I did it came up as peak again not just high or low.

lisaalove, I can't tell you anything other than the fact that the directions say NOT to keep testing. Either you have a really long surge, or the test isn't working properly. I guess the test isn't working properly, given the instructions.

I would suggest you call the clearblue helpline on the back of the box. They were very helpful when I had problems with the standard digital, and they will be able to tell you more about how the test works and why you are still getting peaks.

You have to leave the test alone for 3 days to reset

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->