OPK confusion- advice needed!

Lilyfire

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Hi, I need some help- I'm currently on my first round of clomid after provera, TTC #1 after a diagnosis of NCAH. I'm now at CD 15. I began using OPKs on CD 10 and for the first 2 days there were two lines. The test line was definitely a little lighter than the control, but there was still a test line. Then for the last 3 days there has barely been a test line at all. Did I miss it? Could I have ovulated that early? Or should I keep testing? Do the lines fluctuate or is it a definite fade in-fade out pattern? My GYN said to test for a week but I've read that clomid can make your cycles longer, should I test for longer or stop after a week? When was your O on clomid? Also I switched to CB digital OPK - reading those lines is driving me crazy! Thanks for any advice ladies! :-D

I would keep testing. What days did you have to take Clomid? Depending on when you started, it could make you ovulate, just later than you would think. If you're worried about missing your surge, try testing twice a day! I usually test twice a day (for what little good it does me as I seem to always have large amounts of LH in my system) because I don't want to risk missing the surge! Good luck, and keep testing! My 19 month old is a Clomid baby, third cycle on Clomid, 11 months TTC using OPKs and Preseed!

Dont worry about getting lines and then getting nothing - your LH hormone varies so much across the cycle that some times you will get lines and other times you wont - but you will know when its positive because the test will be as dark or darker than the control - there will be no missing it! Some people will get a progression - i.e. the LH builds up gradually so they will see a bit of a line then it getting darker until positive then lighter after O others will just getting little bits of nothing lines and then BAM positive!

Keep testing x

Thanks for the advice- turned out that I hadn't missed it, I got my smiley face yesterday! I'm so excited that the clomid seems to be working with me, we've been BDing plenty so fingers crossed into my first ever 2WW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->