+OPK, NEG next day, POS day after

Moonbug

Reaction score
This is really frustrating - is this the body trying to ovulate again after no succeeding two days ago? Is it possible to ov twice? Maybe I will not ov at all. Temps are not rising yet.[SIZE="2"[FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

If you didn't succeed in ovulating, then yes, your body could be trying to ovulate again. You can ovulate twice in one cycle, but it is very rare.

Good luck! :dust:

Ugh, I know what you mean :wacko: I have the same thing happening to me. I had a positive opk on cd 6, then negative, now a positive again Yesterday on cd 11 and today a positive again on cd 12.

I am not temping so I am at a loss what is going on:shrug: but we are definetely :sex: every day :happydance:

Tx Cuddlebunny. Am hoping the body will just try and succeed! And yep, ovulating twice in my case would be nothing short of a miracle!

Maria89- sounds like you are gearing up for the real one if you have textbook cycles? Never had a regular period in my life so patterns with CDs mean nothing to me. I wonder how many times the body tries before "giving up".
Good luck :sex: :D

It IS possible. I used to do follicular scanning before egg retrieval. Sometimes your body has more than one ripe egg to ovulate. If your hormones arent quite at the right level you wont ovulate but you may have another ripe enough egg to ovulate the second time and successfully-as long as your hormones are where they should be.

I def ovulated twice this cycle.

Thanks tu123! :thumbup:

Ahh, of course! I used to have follicular scanning for clomid cycles and before egg collection - what you say totally makes sense! I didn't think of it because I never had more than 1 dominant follicle in all the clomid cycles.
What I am questioning though is during my egg collection, I had 18 follicles on the scan and then only 8 eggs collected. I wonder if those dominant follicles with the clomid cycles were empty too? Could an empty follicle cause a positive OPK?
Anyways, ovulating twice would increase the chance of an egg so got to be good! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->