Opk or no opk?

psychnut09

Growing a Rainbow Cinny
Reaction score
Hey ladies... how many of you use opk's and how many just track AF's and guess at ovulation? I haven't used opks before but am starting to concider them bc I just came off the mirena oct 4th and want to be sure all is working properly :)

I can't be of much help but didn't want to r&r. I can relate though! We just started NTNP and I really wonder how long before I break down and buy an opk. I'd say, if you track your cycles and they are quite consistent then the use of an opk isn't entirely necessary. If you have been trying for awhile without any luck OR have sporatic cycles than it sounds like something that would be highly useful!

I don't use an opk at this point, I actually have kept a log of the signs in my body for awhile to determine the approximate time of ovulation...I think if we NTNP for awhile without any results, I may use OPK

I started using opk's last month. I got a positive opk on cd 14 but didn't get my bfp last month.... On to this month. Trying a different brand so we'll see. If I don't get a bfp after this, I may just be able to pin point myself when I will O. Overall, I think it's worth giving opk's a try. There's not much to lose other than a few dollars.

Thanks ladies. I think I am going to wait a few more months before I decide about them... I didn't use them last time and fell after about a year (7months of tracking AF). I know my cycles are around 29-32 days... so I can estimate pretty well when O will happen... I guess its out of my hands now. :) patience is not my strongest attribute :) haha

Hey hun...I only used OPK's to conceive my DS because I was taking Clomid to force me to ovulate, so I had to know if it was working, they kind of drove me insane to be honest lol. With this pregnancy, we were NTNP, I decided to use them for a few months, but just got too busy chasing my toddler around so I stopped, plus my cycles are all over the place and I really didn't think I could ever ovulate on my own...low and behold I wound up with a BFP after a couple months, and it was so much more stress free without using the OPK's, I was so unaware of when I ovulated that I didn't realize I was pregnant until I was almost 9 weeks :D

GL!! :hugs2:

When I had my Mirena removed I wanted to make sure everything was "working" and learn about my body since I hadn't had a period in almost 10 years due to birth control. I don't even remember what my cycles were like way back then. So I started charting my BBT and used OPKs a couple cycles. I've learned my cycle ranges from 26-34 days and my ovulation occurs between CD13 and CD21 with it most commonly being around CD16. I also learned I have a very long LH surge and get several days of dark positive OPKs before ovulation is confirmed by my BBT. This cycle I had four days of OPKs. (The first two are negative, the third is questionable in the pic but definitely positive in person, the remaining three are clearly positive)
https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1cf22b3127ccefed3a012a9f500000030O00EauGTRm0ZNAe3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
Last month was three. We've been more ttc for the past five months after ntnp for a few months. This whole thing is driving me crazy though so we're going back to NTNP with more preventing than trying. I'm going to finish charting this cycle since I'm halfway through it but then I'm not going to chart my temps, use OPKs, nada. I will keep track of my CD1s but that's about it. I don't want to count days anymore. And I'm guessing I'll be too busy to ttc until about April of next year anyway. I'm going on two two-week-long business trips over the next five weeks, then we have the holidays, then more week-long business trips every couple weeks through March 2012. It's going to be CRAZY around here!!

Anyway, if you do decide to use OPKs, you can get ICs (internet cheapies) for next to nothing on Amazon.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->