+ OPK with Dollar Tree & Internet Cheapie on CD 18!

Leikela

Mom to 1 girl/1 boy
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first month using OPK's. I starting them on CD14 and was getting quite frustrated with all my negatives!! This afternoon, the line was almost as dark as the control line. Tonight at 11 PM, I have confirmed a positive on both tests! I am so excited and just had to share! I truly never thought I would get the LH surge. Apparently I O or my body tries to O much later than I thought!

Attachments

• +OPK Dollar Tree 1-30-12.jpg
    +OPK Dollar Tree 1-30-12.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 36
  • +OPK Cheapie 1-30-12.jpg
    +OPK Cheapie 1-30-12.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 30
Congrats!! Those look good!!!

WooHoo! That looks great! I just started using opk's from Dollar Tree. My first was yesterday and it was stark white negative! Is completely white normal? I thought we always had a little LH in our system so even a light line would have shown up. Did you ever get a completely white negative?

Luvymom,

Thanks! From my experience, Dollar Tree tests will only show a positive when you are having that LH surge. Otherwise they were stark white for me. I thought the same thing as you so I got the internet cheapies which are more sensitive. With those I got a very faint line when I got nothing on Dollar Tree. I have learned to test on internet cheapies twice a day and then with the surge I double check using Dollar Tree. It is a cheaper way as well and fool proof. :)

Thank you so much! I'm not going to stress over it now ;)

Hi all,

This is my first month using OPK's. I starting them on CD14 and was getting quite frustrated with all my negatives!! This afternoon, the line was almost as dark as the control line. Tonight at 11 PM, I have confirmed a positive on both tests! I am so excited and just had to share! I truly never thought I would get the LH surge. Apparently I O or my body tries to O much later than I thought!

Well that is refreshing to me :happydance:. I have been using New Choice too and have been seeing lines like that and thinking that they aren't positive because they aren't the exact same as the control line...Aw heck that can't be good :nope: I will take another one but here is the one that I took earlier...is it positive? Control line is on the right side not left.

Attachments

• 100_2339.jpg
    100_2339.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 18
Luvymom,

Thanks! From my experience, Dollar Tree tests will only show a positive when you are having that LH surge. Otherwise they were stark white for me. I thought the same thing as you so I got the internet cheapies which are more sensitive. With those I got a very faint line when I got nothing on Dollar Tree. I have learned to test on internet cheapies twice a day and then with the surge I double check using Dollar Tree. It is a cheaper way as well and fool proof. :)

The ones they are selling down south in Louisiana still have the ones where the line has to be equal to or dark as....That's what my box says...:shrug: Not sure where you guys live but I would fight a mountain lion to get those, easier to read....:blush:

FngrsCrossed,

Unfortunately your test is not positive but I see it says CD7 on it. That seems a bit early to get that LH surge. How long is your cycle? The average day for O is around CD14 so you should start seeing a positive around CD12.

All OPK tests are formulated where the test line has to be just as dark or darker than the control line. Clear Blue Digital gives you a smiley face when it's positive so there is no guess work but they are very expensive. When you are really at your peak surge, your test will look like mine and there will be no doubt that it's positive! :)

FngrsCrossed,

Unfortunately your test is not positive but I see it says CD7 on it. That seems a bit early to get that LH surge. How long is your cycle? The average day for O is around CD14 so you should start seeing a positive around CD12.

All OPK tests are formulated where the test line has to be just as dark or darker than the control line. Clear Blue Digital gives you a smiley face when it's positive so there is no guess work but they are very expensive. When you are really at your peak surge, your test will look like mine and there will be no doubt that it's positive! :)

I lost a baby in Nov. 2011 so my cycles are trying to go back to normal (27-28 days).I have had 3 cycles since baby and My average is 25 days now. I used to get a positive opk on CD12 when I got preggers...last cycle I OV'd on CD7 (yes you read it right) so I started testing early this month to see what was going to happen this cycle. And what my body may secretly be up to..So far it's looking quite certain that I may OV before CD 10...:winkwink: I usually have a build up that's slow on my OPK's so gradually I see a positive. It's just going quicker since my loss.

Even when I was 28 days I still OV on CD12...I have never OV on CD 14. People say that its suppose to be CD14 but that's not always so, I am proof. And it's also possible to OV at different times and have to same LP. LP is the only thing that doesn't change. OV date can and will. :winkwink:

Baby dust to you....:baby::flower:

I am sorry to hear about your loss! :hugs:

It sounds like your cycles are starting to normalize a bit. Wow, about you O'ing on CD7! I know the average is CD14 but definitely not for everyone. I O around CD 18 or so, depending if my cycles are off. And yes, the luteal phase is always consistent. I don't know how long mine is though. If I am BFN this cycle again, I am going to start temping so I will have a better idea of my cycle.

Baby dust to you too!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->