• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OPKs not working?

slg76

Reaction score
My OPKs are positive nearly all the time. I do have elevated FSH/LH which I'm sure is what turns the tests positive. Does anyone else have this problem?

How do you predict your ovulation if you can't use OPKs? I know I could chart but that doesn't give me any advanced notice so I will have missed my fertile days. Any luck with monitors or saliva tests?

I frequently have this problem due to my elevated lh levels. It's beyond frustrating sometimes because they often never turn fully positive before I ovulate. I've seen several people that have better luck with a monitor, although I've never used one myself. I track my cervical mucus, which even with crazy hormones, is pretty reliable. I also track my cervical position, which helps even more than cm. There is no set pattern to my bbt, but for many people your temp drops significantly right before o, so maybe that would be helpful for you. I wish I was one of those women who magically o the same day every cycle and could just bd every other day. Planning is so hard when Mother Nature doesn't cooperate:)

What kind are you using? I've heard of a few ladies who have been getting false positives on the new Clear Blue smiley face ones. But cheapies were working fine.

Didn't know if that was even a possibility.

Sorry I don't know anything about the ferning things. :(

I've been using cheapies. I don't think any urine test is going to work for me. I don't ovulate every month so it's extra important to know when I do ovulate, but extra hard to figure it out. My body just isn't very cooperative :sad1:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->