Options for student mum to be

Yammas

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for some advice on studying as a lone parent LO is due the end of November so I'm debating whether or not to defer till next year, go part time or still go this year as the course doesn't start till sept 28th.

I don't know which would work out better financially as id be entitled to a maintenance grant this year but not year and don't know if I'd still get income support If I was at uni part time.

Any advice appreciated

And if you're worried about deferring due to finance.. Student Finance will disregard your year and offer you another years funding x

I'm taking a year off my Masters and going back when LO will be a year old. There's no way I could do it all at the same time x

I did one year of full time school when LO turned 1. I think it was a good age to go (vs. when she was younger, or waiting until she was older and more active) I know this thread is old, but PM me if you'd like.

Only way I could afford to study when I had children was distance learning in my own time outside of work, having to pay childcare I couldn't afford to study but not work, this was a postgrad though which has less financial options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->