Oral vit K

Ju_bubbs

Proud single Mummy of 5!
Reaction score
I opted for LO to have vit k, but orally. She had her 2nd dose today, and the midwife said that she should have another dose monthly, for as long as she is exclusively breastfed, is this right? And why!? :shrug:

I didnt bother asking the midwife, coz you can rarely believe a word they say anyway! lol

I was under the impression it was 3 doses. That's what Alice had. Who would be giving the doses anyway?

Apparently I'm meant to get a prescription for it from the GP and give it to her myself!? I just don't see why she would need it, they said if I switched to formula, I wouldn't need to bother!

Eva had 3 doses- day 1, day 5 and day 28. Day 1 was given in hospital. Day 5, I had to go back to labour ward. Day 28, I had to get a prescription from GP and then get a nurse to give the dose. Right pain in the arse, next time, I won't bother unless ABSOLUTELY necessary! Nothing was ever said to me about monthly doses, regardless of whether I was BF or FF.

Hmm, seems a strange thing to be told! Been told it by 3 midwives now, the 2 that attended my home birth, and a different one that I saw today for LO's heel prick test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->