Osteopathy/craniosacral therapy for sleep issues

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
Hi girls, have any of you tried osteopathy or craniosacral therapy to help with your baby's sleeping issues? We took our son for some treatment when he was newborn to help with his colic - we're not sure whether it worked, but it certainly didn't make it any worse. Now, at almost 8months, his nighttime sleep has gone down the pan, and we're willing to look at all options. I am wondering whether some more osteo treatment might help him settle better?

Hello honey,
I haven't had any done on George myself, but my niece had lots of work done and my brother & sis-in-law swear by it :)

We had it done when C was smaller for wind & colic & it definately helped. I'd be interested to see if anyone has taken LO for sleep issues as I've been thinking of taking her back as her sleeping is awful at the moment

Not sure about osteopathy as I haven't got any experience with it. Rather than having to resort to CC *shudder* you might want to re-thing your sleeping arrangements?
Em has always been a bad sleeper but for the last 2-3 months he's been waking up every 90 mins. Have you tried the 'No cry sleep solution'? It's a comforting read and although it doesn't contain a lot of practical tips it's certainly food for thought. We re-assessed our night time parenting and went from co-sleeping (he nurses to sleep a lot) to having him sleep in his own room and he's only woken up every 3-4 hours for the last 4 days. It's a TRIUMPH.

Hi, I actually just took my ten month old to an osteopath today (who has never slept through the night, and is up every two hours or so :( . I have no idea whether it will work, but fingers crossed that he will sleep better tonight! I will keep you posted if I see any improvement!

Susanna

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->