OT - Mooncup

Tacey

Reaction score
Not really related to parenting as such, but I thought you ladies might know. Does anyone use a Mooncup? I did before getting pregnant, and had the smaller size B. They say to use size A afterwards, but I'm not sure if I'll need it. As yet I still haven't had a period, but Alice has started to sleep through the night without a feed, so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes soon and I want to be ready. Have you found you needed the bigger size?

not much help I'm afraid as I needed the larger size from the start as I am over 30!!
However, my period came back last week, and it was heavier than I have ever had before, and I needed to buy some pads to use aswell as the mooncup.Just to warn you

xx

Thank you, I'll stock up on pads too. It'll take some getting used to when it arrives as I've not had one since November 2008!

I just went with what they suggest - I was under 30 but I had a natural birth so I think it was a B they suggested, so if you had a natural birth you should use the next up, its only a mm or 2 bigger but makes a big difference apparently

mummy2b17 - it's a plastic cup that you put in to collect your menstrual flow. Sounds gross I know, but honestly, it was the best thing ever. I wish I'd found out about it sooner. You can have a look here. Once you get over the initial yuck factor, it's amazing.

I already have one in the small size and would rather not shell out another £20 or so if I don't need the next one. I suppose I can only test it out and see if it still works!

I agree, test it and if it works then thats good!

Yeh I wish I had taken the plunge years ago - I hate tampons and the mooncup is fantastic!

Been looking at this recently, I was undecided about which way to go for reusable san pro but have chosen the mooncup. I plan to buy one at the next nappuccino I go to - Ive read so many fab reviews.

I dont know why but I am just completely unable to use tampons since having Noah :shrug:

I use mine but have noticed a few leaks since having La - I think I need the next size. Just to warn you, the 2nd and 3rd periods I had after they came back were very, very, very heavy. No mooncup, tampon or towel could cope and I was in the loo every couple of hours.

Ive got the implant fitted and had it since logan was 3 weeks old and havent had a proper period until now!! I bought some csp a few weeks ago as had spotting and they worked great but this time round they have no chance :( Ive sat and made some really absorbant csp today and they are coping better! Im tempted to get a mooncup but unsure how comfy they are and how well does it cope with really bad time of the month? TMI but getting clots this time that are massive so dunno how well it would contain them?

I started with the larger size of Divacup, but haven't had a chance to use it since. However didn't have a vaginal birth so not sure it will be an issue for me? I need to replace mine anyhow as it's a couple years old.
I had some really horrendous bleeding before getting pregnant last time and pretty much the only time it leaked was when it got full for me (which was part of the horrendous bleeding, I was filling it in 3 hours or so, when it usually, with a fairly heavy AF lasted for 10-12). I don't know if clots would be an issue.

I'm starting to wish I hadn't asked! Not looking forward to this period at all now!

tacey it might take longer for your AF to come back , when stopped BF ds1 completely it was still about 2 -3 months before it came back and ds2 sleeps through the night from 8.30-8 normally and ive not had AF come back yet, and if you havent already got a form of contraceptive the minipill is safe when BF and keeps your af away as long as you take it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->