other peoples comments on chosen baby name :-S

wemustntpanic

Reaction score
Hi
Just a venting thread I guess! Wonder if anyone else experiences this... So dh and I had picked out a name and chose not to tell anyone because I know what some in family are like, while well meaning they do like to take the mick... Out of everything :-S
So I was chatting with my 14 yo niece and she asked what name was going to be, she's in care (long story) and I guess I feel bad for her and thought I could trust her so made her promise not to tell anyone and told her the name we picked. Turns out the first thing she did was Facebook everyone in the family my chosen name :-S I'm quite upset she wasn't more trust worthy but I guess she is only 14, but what really bothers me is that I was definitely right not to tell because now my older brothers have come up with mean nickname and are laughing at my choice...
I've explained this is why I hadn't told them because I don't think they'd say anything once baby here but they say they will now... Want to change my choice now :-S

Sorry to hear that, your brothers sound like right idiots. Stick by your name & tell them to GROW UP!

I have two brothers who are exactly the same!
Made same mistake of telling the family and they took the piss as predicted! I know its upsetting but just try and ignore them! I think they feel it's their duty to take the mick regardless xx

that sucks.. no one knows the names i picked (im single so i mean NO ONE). i get torn cause ive seen the names a few times more than id prefer recently (not looking for unique just looking for not 1 zillion in their classes). im sorry you family is being lame

Sorry your family are being so immature. I got get minor teasing at first because the name I ave chosen for this baby sound similar to my DD's name.x now they love it though. I did have to get firm and say "this is my baby tht I am giving birth to , therefor it is my choice!"

Tell them to nob off! Some people are so inconsiderate at times! I would stick to your guns - if they don't like it, thats their problem! xx

Your brothers sound about 12!! Just ignore them, it sounds as if they'd do the same whatever you called him xx

Everyone has an opinion! We chose a name which everyone immediately shortened, which really irritated me for some reason so we changed it to something else entirely! I don't know what anyone really thinks of the new name we've picked because I've not really asked - its just his name now!

Your baby, your choice - I'd personally tell them to grow up and start acting like "uncles".

thats why i refuse to tell anyone

when my DS was born they all liked the name but i got some funny faces as well as its very similar to my brothers name (only one letter difference) but it is a completely different sounding name

im not going to tell anyone the name for number 2 either as its quite unusual in this country and they would only moan

Just ignore them! It's your choice and by the time the baby is born and they've met the baby, they wouldn't dare say anything.

My family are similar, really. Our children have 'strange' names, I guess you could say. When I was pregnant the first time, my mum would suggest names like 'Emily, Amelia & Violet'. As much as I loved those names, I just didnt feel right with them.

When we told her that we'd chosen Astoria Pearl, I remember her saying 'Thats really weird though, why not just Emily or something normal'. And I just ignored her. Funnily enough, she hasn't said anything since but I think the name has grown on her now.

Matteo Fox got battered too, but we announced it after he was born, so they couldn't really say much. People actually liked his first name but people were saying "Fox? FOX? Really?" It has meaning to us, so we weren't bothered at all by what they had to say.

Reverie Anwen & Juniper Luelle didnt get any comments at all, actually. Probably because they were expecting something uncommon so they probably weren't surprised at all by what we chose...

Anyway, the point of that essay that I wrote was that it's really your choice what you name your baby. The comments really hurt sometimes and they made me second think my choices sometimes but I learnt not to let them get to me, and I'm sooo glad that I didnt change my choices!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->