Other ways to stop labour?

wanting2more

Reaction score
Ok so im only a few days off my 37wk 'full term' mark but living in a rural country town their protocol is to fly out any mothers and their babies delivered before that to the city 800kms away. I have an irritable uterus and am already taking nifedipine but as of last night an especially this morning i have been feeling really 'off' and my usual cramps are becoming alot more painful and harder to get through along with a bad back ache which baby is also posterior.

Anyway what i was curious about was, are there any other ways or medications they can delay labour for a few days?

I think the only person who can advise you of medications to stop labor would be your doctor.

Have you called your midwife/OB?

Because of my uterus i have to go in as soon as something isnt quite right for monitoring so i didnt call in. Thankfully nothing more has happened today even though im still feeling quite odd so im hoping that if anything does kick off in the next 24hrs they wont waste the time and resources it would take to send me out for only a day difference in dates. Thanks for replying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->