OUCH! help please!!

Nicolle

Reaction score
I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and I haven't had any symptoms no sore breasts, sickness nothing.. I've been so worried. Just now I was sitting on the sofa lifted my leg and got a sharp stab pain under my belly button but above my abdomen like in the middle.. I'm so worried is that normal?!

That's round ligament pain and you can feel it doing just late, shifting your weight, getting up too fast, sneezing coughing to name a few.. It's scarey but it should subside immediatly.

It could have just been a ligament pain (I still get them at week 13 --- sneezing can be the worst!).

Some women also don't have any symptoms at week 5 (and from there some hardly develop any at all!). :hugs: it's hard not to worry, but it's hopefully all okay.

Thank you for replying.. Oh I hope it's normal it was so quick but it hurt so much... I can't understand my body and this is my second baby lol

It could have just been a ligament pain (I still get them at week 13 --- sneezing can be the worst!).

Some women also don't have any symptoms at week 5 (and from there some hardly develop any at all!). :hugs: it's hard not to worry, but it's hopefully all okay.

Thank you! Was it a stabbing pain? I remember having stretchy pains but not stabbing lol x

Thank you! Was it a stabbing pain? I remember having stretchy pains but not stabbing lol x

Omg yes ugh, they have often felt really sharp and sometimes way too intense (but I do know about the stretchy type pains you're referring to as well). While carrying my oldest I probably went to the Doctor at least 5 times being paranoid over the gamut of pains in that area, but everything always checked out fine :blush:.

I didn't have any real symptoms until 6-7 weeks except for sore breasts and a few very minor things that I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking. I did get stabbing pains every once in a while and actually posted about them all freaked out. lol Totally normal, don't worry. :)

I am at the same stage as you - and I get sharp pains like you are describing, if I move the wrong way while sitting, coughing, stretching. So I would say totally normal. It can actually stop you in your tracks!

Thank you for all your reassuring replies girls :) it hasn't happened since so hopefully it was just a stretching pain :)

I'm still getting them but am vomiting so don't notice them as much as I notice the dreaded nausea. All will be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->