• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ouch my sinuses

loulouamy

Reaction score
At 6 weeks I got a very bad sinus infection that knocked me badly, the doctor wouldn't give me anti biotic which I fully agreed with however 6.5 weeks on and I'm still in awful pain, head and face aching all the time. I'm trying to use eucalyptus steam to ease to but it just not working, has anyone any advice please??

I feel your pain! I had a similar experience with my son's pregnancy. I used peppermint oil and steam... and requested lots of head/face massages from my husband. It finally went away... Have you checked back in with your doc to let him know it's still bad?

Yes iv been back to the gp who honestly is useless, he just gave me more nasal spray... I just wish it would ease off 😕

Go back or see someone else. It shouldn't be taking six weeks to clear!

At 6 weeks I got a very bad sinus infection that knocked me badly, the doctor wouldn't give me anti biotic which I fully agreed with however 6.5 weeks on and I'm still in awful pain, head and face aching all the time. I'm trying to use eucalyptus steam to ease to but it just not working, has anyone any advice please??

Try Nettie pot - you run warm saline water through nose and it fills the sinuses and gunk comes out. If it's too infected though, go to ER. My brother once went in with severe sinus infection & they drained his sinuses. Very painful, but it helped.
Either way, ER might be more useful then your GP.

Buy a neti pot (can get one at Rite Aid) for a warm saline rinse. Peppermint oil in a diffuser or steam bath should work too to relax the inflamed passages.

Massage around the neck and sinuses to help drain the passages, there are also some reflexology points in the toes that trigger sinus drainage.

Adding more raw fruits and veggies as well as drinking lots of water will help clear you out

But if all else fails, see another doc

Good luck!

I would find another doctor, you don't mess around with your sinuses

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"