Ouchie toddler

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
Baby is 15 months with a mouthful of teeth. I've fed til 27 months before but I'm finding this time around painful.
Aside from the fact she digs her nails into, and pinches my nipples, she scrapes them with her teeth. Not intentionally biting but whilst feeding, especially if she is very sleepy. It's like she falls asleep and her mouth clamps down on me. I dont want to stop feeding but I've had enough of it now. Sometimes I can get her off and she relatches fine but normally results in the same thing.

My LO also clamps if he's falling asleep. I used to nurse him for naps but I think it's not enough to knock him completely out but just enough for him to drift off so he clamps down to hold onto the nipple to continue suckling and I can't take it anymore.! :nope: He's also 15 months.

Oh no, not just me then?
I'm getting no sleep at night because she just falls into this light sleep whilst flitting all over the bed and on and off the boob all night and I'm dreading it when she grabs the boob. I even thrust my pandora bracelet in her hand last night as I thought she might fiddle with the charms but she just threw it off the bed and went back to digging her nails into my nipple!

Yikes. My LO pinches too but usually loses interest or gets distracted after I say no. If it ends really bad I would end the nursing session but I don't know what to do when they're asleep...

We are ok for night sleep cuz we trained him a long time ago. Hes tired enough he will just sleep on his own. Naps are harder though and we fell into a pattern but I'm pretty resolved to not nurse him to nap anymore.

Emma can get a really slack latch too, and causes me a lot of pain sometimes. She's always liked either pinching my face really hard, or clawing at my gums with her fingernails when she feeds too which bloody hurts! Oh and pulls my hair out.

My goal was 17 months, as I wanted to match how long I went with Thomas (Sophie had a nursing strike at 11 months and my supply tanked, she gagged and screamed and refused to nurse after that).

I've made it to my goal and honestly wouldn't mind if she self weaned, but she's a boobaholic so I don't see that happening any time soon!

She's doing this annoying thing at night where she wakes up angry, points to a boob and makes an enquiring noise, so I offer it then she gets angry and smacks me and rolls away crying and kicking the wall! Rinse and repeat over and over again.

My daughter did this also around this age and it did pass although when falling asleep she does still nipple twiddle :wacko:

James was the same around that age. I constantly had little scratches on my boobs off his nails! He grew out of the biting thankfully, and the scratching and digging nails in is becoming way less frequent now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->