Our big changes

aliss

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd give an update about my boy who is 4.5 with ASD (PDD-NOS). It's been about 6-7 weeks since we moved (to an English-speaking area) and adjusting to life. We have multiple social workers, paid respite, a proper daycare that treats him "normal" while adjusting to his needs, and he spends 3 hours x 5 days in intensive pre-K treatment with other children who have disabilities.

It's night and day. His communication is INTENSE. Still lagging in comparison but communication exists. He's so much happier. I realize now how depressed he (and we) were. Wow.

It was all worth it. Life is good. I try to come here on occasion but not much time anymore (finding a job).

Welcome to Alberta!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 49
Yesterday we went to a museum when it opened and still empty. Had to leave after 30 minutes (you see the signs of overstimulation coming) but wow, I can't believe we actually got to do it and had FUN. Some people don't realize how lucky they have it.

So pleased to read your update Aliss, you do sound so much happier :) I am pleased your son is now getting the care and attention he deserves. I take it Alberta is English speaking? I remember some of your posts quite a while ago about how isolated you felt. I'm just pleased it's finally working out for you and your family. Good luck with a the job hunt x

Eta: sorry just re-read your post and you say it is English speaking. Long day today ;)

this is fabulous news! I hope you and your family continue to thrive and enjoy shop times together x

Thank you ladies :hugs: And thank you for being there along our journey!!!

Really glad things are easier for you. It much be so much easier being somewhere English speaking.
It's funny how sometimes we can only see how down/depressed we've been once things have changed. And the support in place must make it much easier for you :)

Oh that's so great to hear I loooove the picture of him and am so happy for you all.

PS what's PDD-NOS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->